Author Topic: Crossbows buff - something different.  (Read 1806 times)

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
Re: Crossbows buff - something different.
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2011, 10:52:57 pm »
Gorath, all you said is true.

Especially here:

Throwing doesn't require anything except ammo and luck,

... even personal (player's) skill.

Offline Wulzzz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2011, 11:04:43 pm »
Let me add "4" to that

Watch other ranged and realise that QQing that you cant 1 hit everyone and reload while rofljumping in midair then continue 1 shotting people is useless.

Only cause you obviously wasn't able to use xbows effectively according to their abilities, doesn't mean that it's impossible to play them effectively as primary ranged weapon.

Or in other words: don't run in open field without cover and try to duel archers like an idiot.

Sure it was somehow ment as an sidearm AKA "i can use that stuff without investing any skill points woooot"
But sure you can play it as a primary weapon IF you keep an eye on its abilities and disadvantages = don't run around without cover like a maniac.

Or do you want to disput that xbows deliver high damage, high wpf helps alot with reload speed and accuracy.
And there maybe maybe maybe might might be a way to ask mac gyver if there might be a way to actually be able to use these advantages even if there are also disadvantages?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2011, 11:36:36 pm by Wulzzz »

Offline Siboire

• Knight
  • Renown: 43
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • Sergentariá D'armas
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Occitan
  • Game nicks: Occitan_FullMetalJacket
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2011, 11:06:33 pm »
I played throwing, archery (and HA) and now doing a dedicated xbow (150 wpf in xbow) and I can tell that the hardest range class to play is certainly the dedicated xbowman. Even with 150 wpf, it takes a good 3-4 seconds to reload a sniper xbow where your sitting duck if you dont have teamates to keep ennemies away or if your not hidden. On top of that with the slots nerf coming, heavy and sniper xbow will be 2 slots with 1 slot for bolts which means only one slot left for anything like a 1hander to defend myself in melee. Archers can move while reloading and shoot on the move so they are less vulnerable. Throwers can hide behind a shield and even with a shield, they can have 12 ammo with the best throwing weapons (beside lances) but me, if I have a shield (or a 1hand weapon) I only have 15 steel bolts with my heavy or sniper xbow. Just saying...

So IMO, a little damage bonus would certainly even things out.

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2011, 11:27:35 pm »
Seems fair.