Author Topic: Can't find this info...  (Read 312 times)

Offline Brookston

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Can't find this info...
« on: October 28, 2012, 07:52:08 pm »
+2
I tried a couple strategus battles yesterday.  They are a lot of fun but I'm wondering when you request pay, is that strat gold, or crpg gold? 

Also, how does xp work in strat battles?

Is there a webpage or in depth guide to strategus, I've read the faq and strat for dummies posts, is their something with more info out there?

Thanks.

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: Can't find this info...
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2012, 08:05:55 pm »
+3
1) It's strat gold. If you want crpg gold instead, you can talk to the players. But most likely there is usually no payment anyway. You also shouldn't request gold, as most people play for free, so they'll be hired more likely instead. After all you also get xp and have fun by playing.

2) XP depends on the overall equipment of the enemy. If they got good stuff, you get more xp. At the same time it is important that you are killing a lot of people over a short time of period. General rule: the more people die in a short time, the better.
Let's say everyone has decent equip, like heraldic mail and similar stuff, then you get easily about 300k xp an hour, if there is stuff going on. if people just camp forever, you get like none.

For more, just ask.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Brookston

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 08:23:39 pm »
Thanks for replying.

I just requested 100 gold and was accepted!   But it is clear that I am on the loosing side of the battle; outnumbered almost 2 to 1.  Does loosing hurt your character?

Is it better to be on the winning side (of course i'll play either way but just wondering)? 

When there is no teamspeak server listed is there a default somewhere, or does it mean they aren't going to have ts?

Offline Thovex

• Marshall
  • Renown: 851
  • Infamy: 210
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Thovex
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 08:54:57 pm »
+2
1) You lose some "performance" on your player profile if you do bad, but it doesn't do anything specifically to your character.

2) Nope, it doesn't matter unless you're the owner of your army.

3) There is in general NDitions Teamspeak at: 62.104.20.250:10027 with a lot of clans, but in general if they got no IP listed, there is no voice comms used, most big clans use voice comms and have roster checks before the battle.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 12:32:56 am »
+2
1) Well, you can also get a bad perfomance if you have a bad k/d on the winning team. So for you it actually doesn't matter. But of course it is normal that the losing team dies more often. It is no rule though. :)

2) see above

3) there are some TeamSpeak's that are used.

For example:

For HRE/Fallen/Merc battles, you can visit the HRE/Fallen or Merc TS.
For Nordmen battles, it is the Nordmen TS.
For UIF (Grey Order, DRZ, Union, Empire), it is the Grey TS.
Those are clan's TeamSpeak servers which are also used for battles (you find TS information inthe clans' threads). For most and especially important battles, you should visit TS. Usually it is saying so in a description.
There is also the Nditions TeamSpeak for many other clans, as mentioned above.

I don't know about NA though (if needed). Best is to ask the guys who are launching and leading the battles.  :D

Btw even if you were accepted for 100 gold, it doesn't mean you get that gold. It also doesn't matter for yourself at all, if you don't play Strategus and only participate in Strategus Battles.
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me