Author Topic: Crushtrough soak  (Read 1605 times)

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
Crushtrough soak
« on: April 16, 2011, 10:07:15 pm »
I have idea for crushtrough balance

Depending on weapon type you have, crushtrough would take different amount of dammage,

Polearms-------------------2%-10% of max amount of damage depending on your strenght, you wont be stun.
shield users---------------35%-50% of max amount of damage depending on your strenght, you wont be stun
2h/1h without shield-----50%-100% of max amount of damage depending on your strenght, you get stun

EDIT

i dont know why i posted this in general discussion, so if any admin can move it to suggestion corner thanks
« Last Edit: April 16, 2011, 10:10:06 pm by gazda »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
Re: Crushtrough soak
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2011, 10:25:05 pm »
Why is a long stick better at soaking than a huge metal shield?

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 10:32:40 pm »
Cmpx, good point. Just nerf crushthrough a bit (-1,5 to every crushthrough weapon's weight would do the trick.) and thats all...

Offline Wulzzz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2011, 10:33:48 pm »
50-100% for 2h?
I think that 2h should be able to defend themselves against short slow hammers or long very slow hammer  :rolleyes:

You are shielder and complain about crushthrough?
My tip: don't expect that your shield grants you invincibility.There just need to be a way to counter shields.

Btw: why so low % for polearms?You don't use any polearm?  :lol:

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2011, 10:56:26 pm »

couse you use 2 hands widely spread on long stick, rather then close together on only one side like in 2h
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 03:09:55 am »
im all for the idea, Crush-through is annoying (yes I can accept it on hammers.) but when the person strength is higher then your's and their weapon weighs more it can make people go into rage mode when they just crush through the block every time.  maybe low'er the % on 2h to 50%- 75%  or 95% max but apart from that im good with the idea
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline tyranoid

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 03:45:18 am »
couse you use 2 hands widely spread on long stick, rather then close together on only one side like in 2h

Most 2h swords have a polearm function now

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 03:51:29 am »
in reality the only chance you could have of blocking these hammers with a 2H is if you held them like a polearm i think it makes sense. Finally a use for polearm mode on swords.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 05:00:45 am by owens »
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 04:39:14 am »
in realty the only chance you could have of blocking these hammers with a 2H is if you held them like a polearm i think it makes sense. Finally a use for polearm mode on swords.

agreed
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline EliteDragon

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom (RIP)
  • Game nicks: EliteDragon
  • IRC nick: EliteDragon
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 06:17:56 am »
in reality the only chance you could have of blocking these hammers with a 2H is if you held them like a polearm i think it makes sense. Finally a use for polearm mode on swords.

Still that wouldn't really make any sense to hold a sword like a polearm to be able to block...in fact, that makes no sense at all. Even if you held a sword as a polearm, a huge hammer should be able to hit you with enough force to break your sword or cause it to dent.
Implementing a polearm mode on swords is just pointless and you'll end up having to change the crush-through rates anyway.
The rates of the first post seem reasonable but those should really be just guidelines.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 06:19:24 am by EliteDragon »

Offline Peasant_Woman

• Earl
  • Renown: 438
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Unofficial Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ninja, Ming, Companions, Cavemen
  • Game nicks: Peasant_Woman, Ninja_Ninja, Ming_Ninja, Companion_Ninja.
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 06:27:01 am »
Implementing a polearm mode on swords is just pointless and you'll end up having to change the crush-through rates anyway.
The rates of the first post seem reasonable but those should really be just guidelines.

There are a few two handed weapons which already have a polearm mode (find a 2hander that has 'secondary mode' as a special effect and press x with it in game).

(click to show/hide)

So I think it would be good for a two hander to have to make the decision between being harder to crushthrough in polearm mode or faster swinging in two handed mode where the bulk of his spent proficiency points are.
Maybe you are not bad, but you are a boring person. Well, that's the end of the matter.
Guide to map making
My Maps

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 08:38:33 pm »
50-100% for 2h?
I think that 2h should be able to defend themselves against short slow hammers or long very slow hammer  :rolleyes:

You are shielder and complain about crushthrough?
My tip: don't expect that your shield grants you invincibility.There just need to be a way to counter shields.

I guess the weapons with "bonus against shield" don't really count in that category?

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 09:25:22 pm »
Still that wouldn't really make any sense to hold a sword like a polearm to be able to block...in fact, that makes no sense at all. Even if you held a sword as a polearm, a huge hammer should be able to hit you with enough force to break your sword or cause it to dent.

It depends.  If you block the hammer closer to where the attacker's hand are, you could block it with your bare hand....by taking away the leverage.

I think crushthrough should work well against shields (because a hammer or maul could break an arm even though a shield) and thereby counter shield users...but not be as good at crushing through weapon parries (where it would be easier to block a hammer without taking damage).

• Count
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2011, 04:14:51 am »

It's not really a case of what would make sense at all, the huscarl's shield can withstand 10 chops from an axe and that doesn't make sense since in real life the shield would break on the 2nd hit maybe even one so really its not about making sense.
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline Lady_Quilba

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2011, 09:52:57 pm »
editedmyself