Author Topic: kill points, ranking system  (Read 769 times)

Offline elleryss

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
kill points, ranking system
« on: June 24, 2011, 03:40:08 pm »
Basically a sort of existing idea of other games which imo would be a fun and nice feature for crpg.

Kill points,

For every player you kill you earn kill points, with these kill points you earn in game ranks, a small icon in front of your name.
These ranks help you in no way of stat increase or what-so-ever, they only stand for your dedication to CRPG and are a medal to all the slaughter you've done.

Back to the kill points, you will earn slightly more kill points for killing someone with a high rank then someone with a low rank, see it as a sort of bounty.
Also, the amount of kill points you get for killing people in battle are a higher rate then in siege.

example of how the ranking system would work (these rankings would have their own individual name, i just named them rank)

rank 1 reqruires 50   kill points
rank 2 reqruires 100 kill points
rank 3 reqruires 200 kill points
rank 4 reqruires 400 kill points

ETC, for a total of 10 or 20 levels, when you kill someone who has a low ranking you will earn 1 kill point, mid ranking 2 kill points, high ranking 3 kill points, see it as a sort of bounty.

Every rank has its own icon which will display in front of your ingame name on scoretab.
Again, this gives NO advantage in game it just shows how maney people you have slaughtered.  FAME

I would like to hear some opinions  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 06:25:20 pm by elleryss »

Offline Hunter_the_Honourable

• Count
  • Renown: 229
  • Infamy: 178
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Killing fairy riders for the good of cRPG.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Anti-fairy riders.
Re: kill points, ranking system
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 09:20:19 am »
Someone is a FPS gamer who like their CoD, BFBC and MoH  :P but back to the point I don't think this is needed
How can you trust People?
They are Humans
I never trust Humans.

Offline elleryss

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 10:45:25 am »
Well the idea is from FPS games (I actually got it from World of warcraft) but the genre really fits in mount & blade because you build up a name,
 a reputation among the server and I think it would be great to add rankings to this even though its not giving you anything special,
 its something that rewards you for playing and shows off how much work you invested in your character.

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 10:54:21 am »
Because k/d ratio shows how much work you put in your char? If some reward is needed is certainly not by k/d which means nothing, you can be a good teammate and have a bad k/d, and you can have the best k/d ever and just be a stupid rambo.

Go back grinding in WoW!! ;)

Offline elleryss

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2011, 11:15:47 am »
I never mentioned a K/D ratio in the first place i mentioned a kill points system which registrates your amount of kills and gives you a certain rank based on that.
Also your commend is rediculous by saying i should back to wow to grind, CRPG is an rpg mod for Mount & blade which includes GRINDING, adding a rank system
is only an add for what the mod does already. If you don't understand this and your only reaction is that i should go back to a previous game ( which has great succes because of its feautures )
I suggest you should go back to the kindergarden and don't commend at all.

Offline Gheritarish le Loki

• Baron
  • Renown: 80
  • Infamy: 42
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2011, 11:43:59 am »
That's the same, k/d ratio or kill point, do you believe you are a great players because you have more kills?

If you don't want stupid comments stop posting stupid suggestions.

True nature of cRPG is not grinding otherwise devs would have keep the old xp/gold system.

I said you should go back to Wow because this seems to fit to your gaming style, and you seems to like that much that you want cRPG to be the same...

Offline elleryss

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 12:02:08 pm »
If you think correctly, the system i posted does not have to do anything with how good you are in game, it only determins how long you have been active by translating your kills into a ranking.
Beeing able to kill more will result in beeing able to reach a higher rank faster but does not mean your good or bad.

Your saying k/d ratio is the same as the amount of kills based on the ranking system i pruposed which is a bad translation for my suggestion

because K/D ratio DOES show wether your good or not killing people and killcount does not.

To come back to you, your saying my suggestions are stupid, your the only one beeing stupid to judge people of their opinions.
Taking ideas from other games does not make you want to turn one game into the game you have the suggestion from.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 12:03:33 pm by elleryss »

Offline Mala

• Earl
  • Renown: 412
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 02:23:44 pm »
Hmm, during my time in WOW the PvP rank was only an indicator how much time someone has spend in the PvP arenas.
And most of the higher ranks were pretty bad, if you "met" them to a  fight in the open world.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 02:27:24 pm by Mala »