Author Topic: Suggested Heirloom Order  (Read 3341 times)

Offline Penitent

• King
  • Renown: 1389
  • Infamy: 220
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Penitent_Turtler
Re: Suggested Heirloom Order
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 08:38:22 pm »
+2
Having loomed body armor and gloves is the best.  However, having an unloomed weapon sucks.

If you are starting from gen 1, I saw loom the weapon 1st, then gloves, then body.

Offline Anal Bleeding

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 105
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 08:08:15 am »
doesn't matter because you can trade them. I loomed 5 weapons to +3 at first. now i have 2 armors, helmet, gloves and one weapon.

Offline dodnet

• Duke
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wolpertinger
  • Game nicks: DoD, DoD_Wolper
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 03:51:48 pm »
gloves
body
weapon
helm
boots

Loom gloves first because you can wear them with basically any armor, I assume by the time you finish your 3 gens looming the gloves you will know which armor you like, so loom that. Then weapon, helmet, and boots. I think you can probs get a different weapon over boots if you want though.

Did the same order (no boots and only +1 helmet, but 2 weapons instead), but for the same reason. Looming gloves at first was the best decision, as I changed my armor and weapons after a few gens.

I think boots are not really worth looming except as cav maybe.
The logic of war seems to be that if a belligerent can fight he will fight.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2012, 08:27:38 pm »
I read somewhere that looming a helmet isn't worth it anymore since hits to the head have a great damage bonus. Is this true?

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2012, 09:25:03 pm »
1. Gloves
2. Gloves
3. Gloves
...etc

Why? People will pay you a gold premium to trade you almost any item for +3 gloves. For example, you can get nearly any +3 weapon and 100k+ gold for +3 gloves. If you just loom the weapon yourself, you have the same end result, but you are 100k+ poorer. I always loom gloves, then trade them for whatever weapon/shield/armor I want+a bunch of gold.

Scale, Wisby, Plate Mittens, and Heavy Gauntlets seem to be the most valuable gloves in the marketplace, but it varies according to supply/demand.

If you are really patient, the smartest thing to do is horde loom points. Whenever new armors are released, the value of loom points soars. For instance, the new crusader armors are due to be implemented very soon. Everyone will be scrambling to trade their boring old kuyaks/etc for loom points to spend on crusader armors, so when this happens you will probably be able to get a +3 armor for 2 loom points.

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 02:13:58 am »
Body.
Gloves.
Weapon.
Head.

Weapon can be changed around depending on class. 1h needs to loom it sooner. Archers and crossbowmen, that should be the first.

Who the hell looms boots?
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline Gozer the Carpathian

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • I go by YEE in game
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Yee
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2012, 11:58:03 pm »
1. Gloves
2. Gloves
3. Gloves
...etc

Why? People will pay you a gold premium to trade you almost any item for +3 gloves. For example, you can get nearly any +3 weapon and 100k+ gold for +3 gloves. If you just loom the weapon yourself, you have the same end result, but you are 100k+ poorer. I always loom gloves, then trade them for whatever weapon/shield/armor I want+a bunch of gold.

Scale, Wisby, Plate Mittens, and Heavy Gauntlets seem to be the most valuable gloves in the marketplace, but it varies according to supply/demand.

If you are really patient, the smartest thing to do is horde loom points. Whenever new armors are released, the value of loom points soars. For instance, the new crusader armors are due to be implemented very soon. Everyone will be scrambling to trade their boring old kuyaks/etc for loom points to spend on crusader armors, so when this happens you will probably be able to get a +3 armor for 2 loom points.

Okay why did I have to dig a few pages to find this?   I am coming up on my first Loom and I totally would have put it into my weapon which I wouldn't even be able to use until I got like 16 STR! 

Glove it is!

Though your mentioning of selling the loom point intrigues me, how would I do this and should I?  I mean it's only 1 point after all for your first retirement right?
They call me Yee...

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2012, 02:53:42 am »
After you retire you will get 1 point. Then you just go to Offers, Add Trade like normal. Then find where it says Points and put "1" and request some gold. You will get much more in terms of value for some gold than to make a new +1 item, unless you want to have something very rare and intend to loom it all the way to +3.

You can see what heirloom points are trading for in the trades area. Use the dropdown box and select Point Only and order by price. Think its around 520k or so atm, but the price is probably coming down still as people try to compete with each other (loads of loompoints on market). People put up some offers you could take if you don't want to wait, but you might only get like 450k for it

Another thing you can do is save your money first gen, retire for 1 point and keep it. You should be able to make like 500k in either your first gen or second. So keep for your first point, buy another (prices are pretty low atm), then you will see people trading their masterworks for just 2 loompoints, and there tend to be some decent deals like that. People can buy points for like 450kx2, then get a masterwork for like 900k
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 03:05:40 am by Grumbs »
If you have ranged troubles use this:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gozer the Carpathian

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • I go by YEE in game
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Yee
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2012, 04:42:02 am »
After you retire you will get 1 point. Then you just go to Offers, Add Trade like normal. Then find where it says Points and put "1" and request some gold. You will get much more in terms of value for some gold than to make a new +1 item, unless you want to have something very rare and intend to loom it all the way to +3.

You can see what heirloom points are trading for in the trades area. Use the dropdown box and select Point Only and order by price. Think its around 520k or so atm, but the price is probably coming down still as people try to compete with each other (loads of loompoints on market). People put up some offers you could take if you don't want to wait, but you might only get like 450k for it

Another thing you can do is save your money first gen, retire for 1 point and keep it. You should be able to make like 500k in either your first gen or second. So keep for your first point, buy another (prices are pretty low atm), then you will see people trading their masterworks for just 2 loompoints, and there tend to be some decent deals like that. People can buy points for like 450kx2, then get a masterwork for like 900k

Thanks!  :)
They call me Yee...