Author Topic: Archery WPF in combination with bows  (Read 2255 times)

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
Re: Archery WPF in combination with bows
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2012, 11:19:24 am »
The first point of this build is to have less upkeep than a melee build with medium to heavy armour + expensive weapon or cav build

You'll be really dissapointed with any arrows that is better than barbed because you'll constantly loose money. Point is - PD penalty for your wpf. With 5 pd and 140 wpf - you'll have 70 effective wpf. 70 wpf in archery it's a highway to bankrupcy.

Also you'll be dissapointed with any arrows worse than bodkins, because with 5pd it's hard to kill anyone with 2 clear headshots at point blank range without «Pierce» modifier (IF opponent wear helmet of course).

You can try this
Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 15
Agility: 24
Hit points: 50
Skills to attributes: 8
Ironflesh: 0
Power Strike: 5
Shield: 0
Athletics: 5
Riding: 0
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 5
Power Throw: 0
Weapon Master: 8
One Handed: 1
Two Handed: 1
Polearm: 100
Archery: 157
Crossbow: 1
Throwing: 1

In my case it was hornbow and bec, but it was times when mw bec has 42 pierce damage, and arrows do not have peirce damage at all.
5 athletics is enough, if you wanna melee someone and hate kiting.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2012, 12:38:09 pm »
Seems like being hybrid archer is not meant to work with the current system. Shame.  :mad:

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2364
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2012, 01:17:37 pm »
Currently at 141 archery wpp, going for 155. I can shoot with 141 but that's because I developed a "feeling", has nothing to do with precision or croshair. It's most random feel and hoping that arrow won't steer too much to the sides.

Cupid is right about upkeep, it's quite high. I'm having troubles keeping it at zero. I do have MW Horn Bow, MW KAS, Lordly Gilded Hourglass Gauntlets, 2 stacks of bodkins and rest is non loomed pilgrim set. And I bleed gold.

Upkeep is similar to full Heraldic plate set with 15k weapon, like German Greatsword.

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2012, 01:24:51 pm »
So my next money-saving gen will be running around in cloth and wielding cheap ass weapons like practice sword or staff...  :|

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 3000
  • Infamy: 818
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 01:29:45 pm »
I can recommend you 18/21, and 100 wpp in two categories of your choice (melee of course), wear armor pieces that cost bellow 200 gold each. You can try 21/18 also. Spawn with pitchfork or practice sword.

Stay out of trouble, try to survive as long as you can, pick MW weapon from the ground and then fight someone.

That way, you'll earn ~350k gold per gen.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1659
  • Infamy: 1726
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 01:39:36 pm »
And Cupid is wrong about ath, you'll need at least 6 in order to survive. Actually seven ath is decent, 8 is desirable. Cav is your worst enemy and with little wpp you can't take them down with a bow because your horn bow is slow like pure archers longbow...

Offline Arrowblood

• Duke
  • Renown: 508
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Arrowblood
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2012, 03:10:40 pm »
nubs you need 0 athl. 8-)

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2012, 02:57:32 pm »
+1
And Cupid is wrong about ath, you'll need at least 6 in order to survive. Actually seven ath is decent, 8 is desirable. Cav is your worst enemy and with little wpp you can't take them down with a bow because your horn bow is slow like pure archers longbow...

24 agi and 5 athletics is definitely better than 18 agi and 6 athletics. But cmon, I like when people suggesting about things that they are not experienced enough.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2012, 07:06:05 am »
Seems like being hybrid archer is not meant to work with the current system. Shame.  :mad:
it works good imo, like i said only problem is the upkeep is an absolute joke.

Offline Shub

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 19
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2012, 11:17:57 am »
I roll hybrid archery. 18/18 with IF or shield or 19/19 -18/20 on 30 ( that one point misssing is a nightmare..)
6Ath
6PS
6PD
6WM
(4IF , shield . or +atrib)
Archery 150 ( to answer your question i think around 60 eWPF is kidna ok - remember each point in PD reduces it by 13 , also weight does that , detailed calculators can be found somewhere) - recomended  horn bow
one handed/polearm/twohanded - 50

2h/pole or one hand -curently testing one hand flaged mace . Archery is a joke anyway unless u fight unarmored characters like in rageball, where it is very usefull.
As hybrid u'll always be missing smth . for 1h u need at least 7ath  (that u wont get) for twohand/pole u need armor or wpf around 100-130 that u wont get. Armor will decrease your Effective WPF ( imo needs to be around 60 min. I was doing quite ok with Berdishe /or polearm  and 6PS ,but lack of WPf init -50 causes delay in realising your swing ( i THINK gotta confirm this , based on observation - so u end up dead even if u release your swing first and do mouse acceleration on i- basicaly timing in a fight is much harder)

Imo bows should have speed of  a BOW aka 70 that would be acceptable and  WepMaster on higher values should give MORE points
then hybrid archery would be possible effective.  I would suggest giving bows more accuracy but reduce dmg on body shots inexchange of increasing dmg on HEAD (skill rewarding)
to see how bad your DMG suck on archery check this calculator:
http://alpha-lider19.ru/MB/?go=archercalc
there was nice guide  for archery showing acuracy tests  that i cant find now . Even on lvl 35 building archery hybrid is very hard) and u'll get like 1/3 kills that ppl with twohand weps do. Targets they drop dead in 1-2 shots u need around 4-10 and u have to hit the mitigating /phasing targets and predict thier movment ( so latency is killer aditionally)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 01:31:28 pm by Shub »