Poll

punishment?

yes
yes, permaban
solid yes

Author Topic: Editing game graphics to get upper hand in-game!!!  (Read 12621 times)

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Editing game graphics to get upper hand in-game!!!
« Reply #195 on: July 20, 2012, 02:51:13 pm »
+1
I think cmp mentioned something about if files are modified they won't be able to connect to the server.

Others argued in defense of the legit modifications that do not give players unfair advantages, and people have suggested that the devs let the launcher allow specific "compatible mods" while blocking anything else.

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 20, 2012, 02:54:49 pm »
+1
not only lungy but also people like lungy who hack the game graphics. anyone who has unfair advantages like x-ray via hacking must be burned in hell  8-)

people can do whatever they want as long as it's an in-game feature. 3rd person and tilde keys are included. you don't have to hack graphics to use these features and everyone is able to access them. copy now?
I will also go ahead and make a guess that you disable fog and such things, as it's an ingame feature. The hypocrisy is strong with this witchhunt :O

Protip: This ain't CS or CoD or some such game. Lungy already said that attempting to disable bushes and whatever results in invisible stones and other obstacles (which is a massive disadvantage to any cav, or well, anyone).
IMO, abusing the fuck out of haystacks and bushes, disabling fog and other such quirks in the game is what should be bannable, not trying to actually play the game on a crappy system.

@Grumbs, currently there is no rule against that either, so it is the same thing. This thread is trying to get the rules changed, if you haven't noticed.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 20, 2012, 02:56:09 pm »
Btw Berenger, this Avatar is even worse than the previous ones... :(

This 1? WHY!? U INTO MEN!?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Korgoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 742
  • Infamy: 100
  • cRPG Player
  • I've dated girls uglier than you for Breakfast
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Korgoth
  • IRC nick: Korgoth
« Reply #198 on: July 20, 2012, 02:58:02 pm »

You do realise your avatar is a cartoon? If you're into that stuff you are either Japanese or weird.

Korgoth's Retextures
Korgoth's Hierloom Stall

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #199 on: July 20, 2012, 02:58:26 pm »

Comic fuck...
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #200 on: July 20, 2012, 03:03:48 pm »
I think cmp mentioned something about if files are modified they won't be able to connect to the server.

Others argued in defense of the legit modifications that do not give players unfair advantages, and people have suggested that the devs let the launcher allow specific "compatible mods" while blocking anything else.

there are people who replace textures of existing items to try out new items. for example, some of my clanmates replaced the existing mameluke armors etc with all these new bashibazouk armours' textures to see how they look in-game before they were added officially. they were able to connect servers and test the new-looking existing armors. i guess this can be done in same way for replacing rock & bush & cart & etc with smaller or flatter or even transparent textures in same way to gain advantage. and i guess that's how hackers are able to access the servers.

I will also go ahead and make a guess that you disable fog and such things, as it's an ingame feature. The hypocrisy is strong with this witchhunt :O

cmon, i don't disable anything except the shadows. i enjoy the challange caused by environment and weather effects. however, everyone can adjust the settings from options menu, this has nothing to do with cheating. idk why you call it hypocricy, but you need a glove slap as well to prevent you going full retard

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline Lactating Vegetables

• Count
  • Renown: 280
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Pew Pew
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy
  • Game nicks: Aurora/ Lactating Vegetables/ Aurora_Borealis/ Hirovard
« Reply #201 on: July 20, 2012, 03:06:22 pm »
+1
tbh, i am not a coder, nor a modder, however i do know that with some basic photoshop skills, if i really wanted (not saying that i would) i could modify the game textures with transparancy, so that they are still visable however i could see through them. Its not really the hardest of things to do, but i know its doable as i had to for some of my college work on 3d models like windows etc.

Aurora makes me grab a shield every game!

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 20, 2012, 03:07:59 pm »
You do realise your avatar is a cartoon? If you're into that stuff you are either Japanese or weird.

Comic fuck...

ORE WA HENTAIIII!

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 20, 2012, 03:10:21 pm »
Disabling fog, that gives you a clear advantage over players that play by the spirit of fairness is not cheating? Abusing a (unintended) "feature" of the game, by hiding in haystacks/bushes with a ranged weapon, whilst having full visibility of everything around you is not cheating? I am also pretty sure i remember you playing on that siege map with the port area, reloading below the wooden dock, then glitching through it to fire at defenders through the gate. Aw, man, you really ought to not argue about these things. Like, really, close this retarded topic.

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 20, 2012, 03:11:09 pm »
+1
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2606.0.html

There is a rule about hiding in haystack, its allowed and even mentioned specifically in the rules. Removing haystacks, bushes ,rocks, walls etc probably comes under the common sense rule mentioned at the start which covers stuff that people shouldn't really be doing. But it wouldn't hurt for the rules to be a bit more explicit about stuff like this. If you use shadow settings you can apparently get around the bumping into invisible rocks/walls issue and I wouldn't doubt people finding a way to remove certain parts of the maps or replacing them with low poly versions that make it easier to see players. The rules should be a bit more clear to avoid people feeling they can do this stuff and still be legit
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 20, 2012, 03:19:49 pm »
Disabling fog, that gives you a clear advantage over players that play by the spirit of fairness is not cheating? Abusing a (unintended) "feature" of the game, by hiding in haystacks/bushes with a ranged weapon, whilst having full visibility of everything around you is not cheating? I am also pretty sure i remember you playing on that siege map with the port area, reloading below the wooden dock, then glitching through it to fire at defenders through the gate. Aw, man, you really ought to not argue about these things. Like, really, close this retarded topic.

well, everyone can use haystacks and bushes as cover as part of the gameplay tactics. never heard about something irl, "fucking in bushes/haystacks"? we are allowed to hide inside those objects as long as we don't delay the round, so your argument is invalid. also, i never disable the fucking fog, to be honest, i don't know how to disable it and if i knew it i wouldn't do it. as i said before, i enjoy every fucking challange caused by environment and weather, however, your ignorant head does not want to understand it. and for the port case, i was totally visible and able to take damage while shooting.

please accuse me of being racist as well to complete your tour of retardness

Offline [ptx]

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 20, 2012, 03:25:10 pm »
I've never heard of drawing a bow/reloading a crossbow/throwing an axe, whilst being completely inside a haystack and remaining completely invisible to the outside world. We are allowed to do all that crap, yes. Likewise, we are allowed to change textures of the game to get a better performance.

Your thread is asking for a change of rules. My posts are pointing at the hypocrisy of this request. If the rules get changed, then also make it so that firing from inside haystacks and through visual barriers, as well as glitching through floors is bannable.

and for the port case, i was totally visible and able to take damage while shooting.

Hahahaha, yeah, right. Your head was visible for a split second, as you glitched through to fire. What a fucking paragon of justice.  :rolleyes:

Offline Grumbs

• طالبان
  • King
  • Renown: 1170
  • Infamy: 617
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 20, 2012, 03:33:34 pm »
It depends if its performance at the expense of allowing the player to see players who should be concealed. To me its a common sense issue. Change the game as much as you like for performance, but not to the point were you give yourself an advantage other players wouldn't have

This is why the rules need to be more explicit so people don't come up with excuses

If your common sense is not working, here are some more specific guidelines. This is not an explicit list, common sense always overrides disputes. Do not come crying "it's not prohibited in the rules" if you invent a new creative way to be an idiot and get punished.

(click to show/hide)
If you have ranged troubles use this:

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 20, 2012, 03:34:56 pm »
Likewise, we are allowed to change textures of the game to get a better performance.

cool, so you support that it's legal to replace environment textures to gain fucking advantages, like this gk did. cheating appreciated, nice

Hahahaha, yeah, right. Your head was visible for a split second, as you glitched through to fire. What a fucking paragon of justice.  :rolleyes:

i died twice by melee attacks and once by ranged attack there, as long as im visible and able to take damage, it is nothing wrong. no exploit has been done there.

Offline cmp

• M:BG Developer
  • Supreme Overlord
  • Renown: 2052
  • Infamy: 569
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: cmp
« Reply #209 on: July 20, 2012, 03:36:11 pm »
+4
Pointless witch hunt.