Author Topic: New Japan armor  (Read 9901 times)

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: New Japan armor
« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2012, 02:43:18 pm »
These are better than the current ones. As for the community and devs I don't give a shit. I do not really value their judgement much. Community do not even know what they want. And devs are trying to please them, rather than working on to create a good community.
We should either get more weaboo stuff, or we should get rid of them all. Not the thing we currently have.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 02:47:55 pm by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Ujio

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2012, 04:57:27 pm »
+1 To adding the Japanese armor as a variation of Heavy Strange armor (Not replacing), so there will be no need for new Stats. Only an aesthetic difference, adds Variety.
But the Shininess would need to be fixed.

+1 for adding the Chinese armor as well
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 10:07:10 pm by Ujio »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

"By protecting Men, you save yourself."

Offline Ujio

• Knight
  • Renown: 70
  • Infamy: 59
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2012, 07:17:44 pm »
Well, I'm a little unclear as to whether they did or not.  I've seen sources which state that mail was only used to keep lamellar plates together as opposed to silk, but then I've also seen sources which show different articles of armor (maybe used under lamellar, but it might even not have been) which are actually called 鎖具足 (kusari gusoku, lit. chain armor.)  Whether or not it was used in battle in a period contemporaneous to the general timeline of the game (which is what? 7th cent. C.E. to mid-17th cent. C.E.?) I still don't know, and the only source I have for samurai wearing chain is one photo of some 19th century samurai on Wikipedia, which means I need to do more research I obviously know everything there is to know about weaboo mail.

Haven't found enough to reliably say samurai wore kusari, might do some more looking, might not.

Is this the Photo you're referring to?

"By protecting Men, you save yourself."