Author Topic: A message from joey?  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
Re: A message from joey?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2012, 09:26:34 pm »
Sounds like shady police work to me. Assuming it is true that he hasn't used these accounts in a year and they were used by another person (his girlfriend) then why would he now be permabanned for it?

If he lied, and has been using them, then I understand.

Otherwise it just seems like he got an extensive background check simply because Canary or whichever admin he upset wanted to find a reason to ban him and they found something a year old...which is kinda ridiculous.

Not taking sides here - but if any of the admins could verify that he has been using these accounts or that he is simply being banned for having used one (or his girlfriend) over a year ago, it would clarify a lot of things for the community.

Edit: I understand he isn't very good at appealing his case and resorts to insults and raging at people, which is one reason the justice system legally provides defendants a lawyer. Not everyone can be expected to present themselves in a way that convinces their innocence or at least to minimize their sentences. That being said, regardless of how poorly spoken and ill-mannered Joey has been, this does not mean he is guilty and deserving of all of his accounts permabanned and no longer being able to play this game unless he spends real life money.

Multi Accounting in order to circumvent administrative punishment is the main issue here. Having multiple account to one person has been against the rules for a while now. More importantly, this guy used his multiple accounts to bypass forum mutes and come on here and shit post on the forums about an in game decision in a less than constructive manner. And to be honest, if admins decided to go out of their way to pursue some personal vendetta with every crybaby and sperg unhappy or unreasonable with them in this game, I  think they'd probably work themselves to death. Honestly, this is pretty open and shut and has more so to do with the former issue that I mentioned. The fact that he is just an unreasonable prick just cements the decision
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • Renown: 480
  • Infamy: 190
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2012, 09:36:15 pm »
Multi Accounting in order to circumvent administrative punishment is the main issue here. Having multiple account to one person has been against the rules for a while now. More importantly, this guy used his multiple accounts to bypass forum mutes and come on here and shit post on the forums about an in game decision in a less than constructive manner. And to be honest, if admins decided to go out of their way to pursue some personal vendetta with every crybaby and sperg unhappy or unreasonable with them in this game, I  think they'd probably work themselves to death. Honestly, this is pretty open and shut and has more so to do with the former issue that I mentioned. The fact that he is just an unreasonable prick just cements the decision

I have updated my post with my input on the whole situation, as has been explained at this point (including the evading mutes with multiaccounts).

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2012, 10:51:10 pm »
Unfortunately for joey, this has all been moved to spam and it is unlikely he will get an audience or jury to influence a new sentence. I rarely ever read spam forums. I'm only here because this thread was moved.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2012, 11:59:17 pm »
Honestly, pretty shocked to see what happened to the guy, on NA_1 he seemed like a nice enough person...
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 12:05:51 am »
Gotta love the irony of him calling people "butthurt nerd"

Offline Auphilia

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 12:21:43 am »
Everyone breaks on the internet at some point. He doesn't do this every day, and he has no history of it, to my knowledge. He just snapped.  :|

All he needed was someone to listen to him, I'm sure. Kicking him out of a game he plays and away from the people he has played with for over a year is very drastic. How many posts did this guy even have? He has barely 50 posts, most of which were from this incident, so he isn't even active in the forums. If he can't control himself in the forums, then take that away from him, not the entire game. He acts perfectly fine in the game for the most part.

Offline mcdeath

• Marshall
  • Renown: 797
  • Infamy: 349
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2012, 01:32:47 am »
If you re-read the chat, he broke a long-standing rule of having multiple accounts. The fact that he admitted to it in IRC in front of plenty of Devs and moderators just sealed his fate. Also, why would you want that waste of space taking up any more time of anyone's life on these forums. Keep him banned, we can move on.

We can alive

We will not death.
I get that you two had your differences but that is fucked man.
McDeath: This guy doesn't shut his lip, but he's one of the funniest players in-game.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2012, 01:56:53 am »
Also, why would you want that waste of space taking up any more time of anyone's life on these forums. Keep him banned, we can move on.

See, this is why I prefer Tugboat.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.