Author Topic: If This Isn't Ovpowered, Why Isn't it?  (Read 7274 times)

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • Renown: 604
  • Infamy: 327
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: If This Isn't Ovpowered, Why Isn't it?
« Reply #90 on: June 20, 2012, 11:21:13 pm »
As a near-primary thrower, I often find myself using 3 - 4 throwing axes on people in most medium to light armor when I have 37 strength and 12 power throw, in fact, I usually have to finish them off with my fist (which seems to do more damage than my throwing weapons.)

Even against an archer who has no iron flesh, is wearing a linen shirt and a straw hat, I can put up to four heavy throwing axes into their torso and just watch them dally over to cover and continue to shoot my teammates from a different angle, which I often find quite irritating considering that means I often dispatch six or seven into someone with Kuyak before they die.  And my most frequent killer is the dreaded two-hander in his heavy kuyak and Vaegir helmet screaming out in anger as I franticly throw axe after axe after axe into his torso and face before he finally approaches me and lops my head off with the hilt of his sword after doing a 360 jump spin that warps his hitbox to a dot of quantum proportions, making my projectile fly through his body while I use my last breath to curse inability to switch to melee mode because I'm apparently so scared by the wandering behemoth that my limbs are frozen to the point that I'm uncapable of lifting my axe.

But you know, maybe I'm just new.

That's because throwing is broken. A 4 PT person does more than a 12 PT person? Plus you're lacking WPF.

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
« Reply #91 on: June 20, 2012, 11:23:03 pm »
+2
The person to ask would be Chestaclese.  Dunno what his build is but he's worlds better at throwing than Chucky (although I don't think Chucky's problem is his build so much as his apparent refusal to stop moving before throwing... it's a big accuracy penalty to throw on the move).

My current hybrid:
24/12
5 PT
4 WM
107 throwing wpf

Leaving me with enough for 8 PS, 8 IF, 4 athletics and 106 wpf for polearm.

It's really your wpf that suffers from hybrid throwing.  107 is exactly the amount I need for PT 5 with my armor (heavy kuyak, nordic warlord helm, mail mittens, mail chausses).

I do think hybrid thrower is worth it but mostly for horses.  It's useful against people but accuracy is kind of a crapshoot and plate crutchers will laugh it off.  Don't plan on being a hybrid thrower with less than 100 wpf in throwing unless you wear crap armor.

But it deals fantastic damage to coursers.

Miley, with that armor, would actually do well as a hybrid thrower.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 20, 2012, 11:25:52 pm »
Can't block a throwing axe, dunce. Also, you could have used those 7 points you put into IF and put them into agility as +3 agility and 1 athletics.

lamelar - not as good for dodging as light (i.e. fuck all) armor. It's medium, and it slows you down considerably.

I suppose we should nerf axe because your bedtowel covering did not absorb all the damage? Get hit with an arbalest in full plate and see an 8th of health left or so (30str 10 IF) and you might rethink how OP those axes are. Or, you might think 'game' sometimes the badguys win.

I've chased chucky down with agi builds and strength builds, agi being more likely to catch him of course, and I do not recall being one shot by him in a pilgrim disguise either.

All you do is Agility only builds and spam people because you can't block. You're an easy out.

Offline Miley

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 20, 2012, 11:29:24 pm »
4 PT and 9 Athletics and two-shotting? Yeah, that's not OP, okay... I was at the same level as Chucky (ground level). I've had a thrower, so I'm not speaking blindly. Great Maul is also not OP--you can spam it easily if you know how, which isn't hard either.