Author Topic: Why should one wear havy armor  (Read 4174 times)

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Why should one wear havy armor
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2012, 04:07:43 am »

In other words, plate is awesome if you roll 36/3 build
If you use a maul too. It'd be nice if heavier armor actually protected as you'd expect but I know that's too much to ask from other players NOT to whine when their sword isn't effective and useful against everything.

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2012, 09:50:34 am »
I've said it before and I'll say it again. All metal armour is heavy armour and is for bad players or siege. The purpose of armour is to allow you to survive more mistakes (or i guess more ranged shots which you cant do as much about... but maybe you should all be wonderful agi shielders hmm?). If you don't make lots of mistakes or frequently run around in a mass clump of players, then you shouldnt be crutching on armour (and if you frequently fight lots of players you should probably be a wonderful agi shielder).

moral of the story? everyone should roll 12-24 agi shielders with 8 shield skill huscarls... this would mean no more ranged because they would get raped all the time, and people would die in 1-2 mistakes and the game would be awesome. (and agi shielders can dodge horses pretty easy... so not a lot of horses either, and some could be hoplites, others would use axes and some would use swords)

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2012, 09:52:13 am »
+1
Matey pls.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2012, 12:24:42 pm »
I've said it before and I'll say it again. All metal armour is heavy armour and is for bad players or siege. The purpose of armour is to allow you to survive more mistakes (or i guess more ranged shots which you cant do as much about... but maybe you should all be wonderful agi shielders hmm?). If you don't make lots of mistakes or frequently run around in a mass clump of players, then you shouldnt be crutching on armour (and if you frequently fight lots of players you should probably be a wonderful agi shielder).

moral of the story? everyone should roll 12-24 agi shielders with 8 shield skill huscarls... this would mean no more ranged because they would get raped all the time, and people would die in 1-2 mistakes and the game would be awesome. (and agi shielders can dodge horses pretty easy... so not a lot of horses either, and some could be hoplites, others would use axes and some would use swords)

Plate/Str crutchers remind me of the phrase "retard strength".  They can make many mistakes and get team hit a million times.  If they land one hit on you... then you are most likely dead or black barred.

But then you feel better because you realize that you are normal and they just have an extra chromosome.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2012, 01:09:38 pm »
moral of the story? everyone should roll 12-24 agi shielders with 8 shield skill huscarls...

No.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2012, 07:09:50 pm »
+1
Plate/Str crutchers remind me of the phrase "retard strength".  They can make many mistakes and get team hit a million times.  If they land one hit on you... then you are most likely dead or black barred.

But then you feel better because you realize that you are normal and they just have an extra chromosome.
Yeah I hate those strength crutchers. All trying to have a build that lets them survive longer...lame. They should just take out anything that lets you survive longer like shields. crpg needs to be non crutch so I recommend removing all gear and have punching only. Turn it into a boxing sim pls.