Poll

Do you want cav to take skill?

yes
120 (67.4%)
no
58 (32.6%)

Total Members Voted: 177

Author Topic: Nerf Cav  (Read 12539 times)

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Nerf Cav
« Reply #135 on: July 13, 2012, 11:16:14 pm »
This game is called Mount & Blade

This game is also called Mount & Blade.

Your point is?

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 13, 2012, 11:20:42 pm »
Make everything back the way it used to be in in Warband. Fuck cut damage archery. Fuck slowly fired arrows. Fuck two shots with Arbalest. Everything was perfectly balanced. Cav was torn to shred by archers (like they should). Long Spears and Two Hands were torn to shreds by archers (like they should). Shielders wrecked archers (like they should). The only change necessary is making making the bow difficulty higher. That way you wont have shooting agi light armored whores. make it like 13 difficulty for long bow 10 for rus and horn and yumi 9 for tartar 8 for nomad 2 for bow 1 for short bow. That way archers would have less wpf and they wont be able to run like little girls

13, 10 powerdraw? do you even know what you're saying?

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2012, 11:24:59 pm »
This game is called Mount & Blade

So if I made a game called rock and scissors rock should obviously be the best class, right?
Pock gobblers

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #138 on: July 13, 2012, 11:26:00 pm »
+1
Since everything was so OP it balanced eachother out.

Ah, this reminds me of the days when I joined a game and saw a wall of Huscarl shields, a sea of crushthrough knockdown barmaces, and a hurricane of throwing. Good times.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2012, 12:20:35 am »
This game is also called Mount & Blade.

Your point is?

The point is that people bitch about cavalry and want it removed from the game, even though the title of the game "mount".  Being on a horse has obvious advantages, but it also has obvious disadvantages as well.  Just like every class in the game.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Vkvkvk

• Baron
  • Renown: 106
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2012, 12:43:04 am »
+1
The point is that people bitch about cavalry and want it removed from the game, even though the title of the game "mount".  Being on a horse has obvious advantages, but it also has obvious disadvantages as well.  Just like every class in the game.

I don't have a clue about people wanting to remove Cavalry from the game.

I still think Cavalry is an integral part of the game and will remain to be. Just don't mistake "integral part of the game" with "Has to be well over other classes in term of fighting abilities".

It's mostly the fact that as a cavalry, the obvious disadvantages can easily be taken care of with little effort.

As once mentionned, as an infantry without a shield, outside of a few long weapons out there, cavalry will stab your shit and archer will shoot you and effectively be your hard counter and all you can really do is spaz around hoping the arrows doesn't hit you or very dearly hope that while you're busy with 3 guys, that some guy zipping in and out of the battlefield at ridiculous speed on uneven terrain won't one hit kill you.

Meanwhile, as a Cavalry, they have no clear hard counter, all they have are defensive counters or deterrent if you like that word better. Arrows to the face of a shieldless infantry is not a deterrent, long spears and pikes that can be dodged by just going a few degrees off-course are a deterrent as he can just continue his course somewhere else and impact with the next infantry that's already busy fighting one too many people.

Don't even get me started on archers, unless the archer has some serious foresight and can literally see in the future, unless the horse is extremely close to the archer, the horse will easily just change course and dodge the arrow without a single problem because at the speed they go to, they're impossible to lead unless they're going in a straight line, but with the current maneuvrability values of horses, this is not the case.

I just hate the sheer power that Cavalry has while remaining quick and agile. I played Cavalry myself, given a level 30 and above build with a heirloomed horse that can turn on a dime on the most uneven and shitty god damned terrain the game has to offer quicker than infantry can even walk on it, it pretty much feels like you're an infantry on crack that's using some sort of 50str/100agi build, you do the most damage of any weapon class in the entire game and yet you remain mobile enough to dodge any sort of "counter" (Read: deterrent in the Cavalry's situation) there might be against you and in the off chance that you do get brought down because you screwed up, you still have all the chances on your side by dint of shitty terrain collision making it so you're on your ass UNDER the ground, horses absorbing hits for you or the rider just outright being launched several meters away without taking a single digit of damage or getting conveniently teleported away from where he got brought down, at which point he can begin his new life as a perfectly viable 18/18, 21/18, 18/21 infantry or whatever god damned build your cavalry guy might be.

One last thing that seals the deal to me is how you're not safe from Cavalry anywhere, not on roofs, not on elevations, not on steep cliffs, fucking nowhere. Horses are god damned mountain goats and will climb the worse fucking terrain known to man and will trample your ass to death while simultaneously setting a new record for how fast he got to the top of the Mt. Everest.

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2012, 12:58:33 am »
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me

Offline Havoco

• Duke
  • Renown: 538
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospookfans
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Havoc
  • IRC nick: Havoco
« Reply #142 on: July 14, 2012, 01:41:09 am »
U know what would fix this? C SITE SPAM. 1 slot c sites plz.
Pock gobblers

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 14, 2012, 02:49:41 am »
What about adding a toned down version of the Diplomacy feature where the more injured your horse is the slower it goes? Although it might encourage even more hyena/scavenger style cavalry.
And how!

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #144 on: July 14, 2012, 04:48:34 am »
Although it might encourage even more hyena/scavenger style cavalry.

I'll just cram more afk and peasant kills into my score before dying each round.

But seriously leave my fucking horses alone.
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Gawin

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • My pic ^^
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Gawin, Fallen_SantaRudloph, PR_Red_Ranger the leader of the power rangers
« Reply #145 on: July 14, 2012, 05:49:12 am »
13, 10 powerdraw? do you even know what you're saying?
no such thing as running archers

Offline Gawin

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • My pic ^^
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Gawin, Fallen_SantaRudloph, PR_Red_Ranger the leader of the power rangers
« Reply #146 on: July 14, 2012, 05:53:42 am »
LOL

The "like they should" fails are so far from reality i'm surprised you are even on the same planet as the rest of us.

Perfectly balanced? lol man, you made my year.
Archers could actually kill in real life. One or tow shots could normally kill a horse. Taking an arrow while riding on a horse usually knocked a person off or killed them. English longbowmen killed heavily armored English knights with one to two shots, they should be able to kill, not just wound a person.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 14, 2012, 05:53:53 am »
no such thing as running archers

No such thing as aiming archers either. 2 slot bows need a shit load of wpf to be of any use.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #148 on: July 14, 2012, 08:46:27 am »
English longbowmen killed heavily armored English knights with one to two shots

Then they got banned for TKing.

Although, yes, arrows actually kill unarmoured creatures. They don't go running off merrily while looking like a pincushion. It's just the excessive hp though, when you see an arabian run into a pike/spear and turn away it's equally laughable.

I mean, some changes could be made to compensate lowered HP, like horse not dying instantly bar running into pike/spear (so stabbing it in your head with a 1h = horseman's attack continues uninterrupted, you die regardless) etc. Or horse corpses knocking people down... so it is the spear, pike and ranged which are then proper "anti cavalry" weapons.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 08:50:38 am by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 14, 2012, 03:00:48 pm »
+1
And how!