Author Topic: Crossbows and the Return of FPS  (Read 16119 times)

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BkS_Rhade
Re: Crossbows and the Return of FPS
« Reply #165 on: March 27, 2011, 07:58:58 am »
You obviously missed the subforum mate....this is the cRPG general discussion.....and you obviously never played this mod cause if you had you'd never post such crap in your lifetime..........i'll just focus on the bolded part: please enlighten us how does one have any fun by getting himself shot by dozens of missiles before being able to perform any "actions" at all ? You spawn, you start moving and then volleys of arrows/bolts/axes/javelins/jarids/etc start coming your way.......and even if you're lucky enough to survive all that shit (and you DO need an "irish" luck for it) then you get finished off by roof camping sons of bitches.......which part of it do you find to be "enjoyable" ? Please tell us so we can "enjoy" ourselves as well, kind sir.

ITS TACTICS HERP DERP

/facepalm

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #166 on: March 27, 2011, 08:04:46 am »
I am now playing dedicated in the Fallen Server as my new 2Her since it records what has killed me and how many times in a master log. I will go ahead and post the results once I hit Level 30 as it should present a nice spread of hours.

I am fairly curious, as I apparently have this "Irish" luck or terrible memory for surviving to get into melee.

Also having played against my old friend and spectating in EU you for the most part seem to make it into melee and score kills so congrats on your "Irish luck" mister Gnjus as it seems to have rubbed off on your entire clan. Thumbs up!
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #167 on: March 27, 2011, 09:17:23 am »
I've also created a pure 2h build, these waves of archers have yet seemed to beak through my "irish luck". They only time they light me up is when I derp my way up the middle of the map. This is the same on the hundred man and 80 man.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #168 on: March 27, 2011, 10:10:55 am »
Also having played against my old friend and spectating in EU you for the most part seem to make it into melee and score kills so congrats on your "Irish luck" mister Gnjus as it seems to have rubbed off on your entire clan. Thumbs up!

Yes, we do that by spending half of the round hiding behind houses, in towers, etc, or (if we spawn outside the village) behind trees and siege shields cause if we dont do that we quickly end up pincushioned. Thumbs up to such gameplay, its the only one that this mod enforces upon people (especially those who chose to play without the shield and any kind of ranged weapon) - hide & camp so you may get a few kills. Awesome.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #169 on: March 27, 2011, 06:04:52 pm »
You obviously missed the subforum mate....this is the cRPG general discussion.....and you obviously never played this mod cause if you had you'd never post such crap in your lifetime..........i'll just focus on the bolded part: please enlighten us how does one have any fun by getting himself shot by dozens of missiles before being able to perform any "actions" at all ? You spawn, you start moving and then volleys of arrows/bolts/axes/javelins/jarids/etc start coming your way.......and even if you're lucky enough to survive all that shit (and you DO need an "irish" luck for it) then you get finished off by roof camping sons of bitches.......which part of it do you find to be "enjoyable" ? Please tell us so we can "enjoy" ourselves as well, kind sir.
Note that he's a D'Haran and therefore not aware that it's possible to go more than 30 seconds without dying.
 :P
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #170 on: March 27, 2011, 06:09:11 pm »
I am starting to suspect that the my old friend clan gets an unusual amount of range directed towards them simply because of the reputation that they have towards their view of archers and range in general.

I am noticing archers ignoring close targets simply to take potshots at those charming men in green, a sort of in-game trolling.

This is explaining the discrepancy of what they say and what I witness for the average 2Her.  :(
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Memento_Mori

• Count
  • Renown: 187
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • I use these forums to hook up with hot ladies
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Memento_Mori, Sengo_Muramasa, Born_Of_Osiris,
« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2011, 12:12:41 am »
Note that he's a D'Haran and therefore not aware that it's possible to go more than 30 seconds without dying.
 :P

lol whaat nuuu uhhhh it's impossible !