Author Topic: Balance by website KD  (Read 1240 times)

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
Re: Balance by website KD
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2012, 03:40:19 pm »
Stop shooting the poor horses, they didn't do anything.

Shoot the rider instead.

And to op : No k/d.
But i'll be pleased if more than the win/loss ratio you could add a class balance. Some maps are really boring if you're in the wrong team (full excellent k/d cavs + randomers VS all range+excellent longspear user + randomers)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 03:41:48 pm by Bulzur »
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2012, 05:53:09 pm »
That playstyle isnt worth much, its not hard to just find another horse the battlefield is usually filled with riderless horses. Or you can fight on foot and be about as effective as any other melee.

I disagree, if there's "good" cavalry, killing their horse neuters their ability to traverse the battlefield and pick away at your teammates.  It's not as good as killing the rider, but killing a horseman's horse is extremely effective for stopping that cavalry's ability to kill people as quickly as they could on horse.

And to the others saying "shoot or stab the rider not the horse"...any halfway decent cavalry lancer will realize when I'm going to thrust and hit them before they hit me, so they either down block, or put their shield up.  Why would I want to thrust at the rider only to be blocked by them?  If they are blocking, or they see me coming and I think they will block, I stab your fucking horse.  And if I'm lucky I kill the fucker and now you're on the ground thumbing your ass.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 05:54:39 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2012, 07:40:18 pm »
It would be best if it had teams and roles, and balanced accordingly. Fuck KDR and W:L. This way cav would be against cav; and similar numbers of cav, archers and melee on each team. If they're balanced on their effectiveness, they won't really improve if they're distributed randomly. If this doesn't make sense to you, utilize your peanut brain (not peanut head) and think. A noob cav fucks over a noob infantry, but is bent over by a noob ranger.

E.G.

Choose Team:
-------------
Red Team

Green Team

Choose Role:
---------------
Infantry:

Archer/xbow:

Cavalry:

PK:

Then it'd be filled out accordingly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2012, 02:27:16 am »
KD instead of class selection. Each class have different average kd tiers. PK the top tier then cav infantry and the rest. This idea doesn't require the implementation of any new game features.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.