Author Topic: AGI needs some love back.  (Read 5940 times)

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
Re: AGI needs some love back.
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2011, 01:34:42 am »
Another thing about athletics and its effect. I'm currently running one of the "joke" builds, 9/30 with 10 ath, wearing almost nothing, and there is a noticable decrease in speed when I wear sword of weight 1, instead of my usual long dagger which is 0.3. I can only imagine that wearing a two hander or even polearm would slow me significantly more. What I'm trying to say is, that high athletics is really not worth it unless you are planning on playing super light character.

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2011, 03:06:00 am »
I am in the process of measuring the time taken to run a fixed distance with various agility, athletics, and weight combinations. Increasing agility does decrease the time taken to run across the aforementioned distance. I should have the remaining tests finished for a post this week.

this is true and I only know because I made a 27 agi character without athletics and he was damn fast(post patch)
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Seawied

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
  • Climbing in yo window, snatching yo people up!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2011, 04:01:54 am »
Your damage formular seems to be pretty wrong. Didn't even get to the armor part because the facepalm blinded me.

Rather than be a dick and make a snarky comment, you could do something productive and share your version of it.

The damage formula used assumes its neither an undercharged or overcharged swing to the torso and does not calculate sweet spots.
So with PT >10 stones become simple too effective
:lol:

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2011, 04:47:36 am »

Actually this is not true at all.  I've done extensive testing on the duel server with people of various builds and in a 1v1 fight someone with 1 athletics can match the footwork speed of a player with 8 athletics.

Good info there Gorath thanks for taking the time you and Walt.  They gotta do something really need to bring the wpf scale back to pre patch lvl.  I also think that chars that have 5 or more athetlics should get an actual run speed buff even if it's just 2-3% per Athletics over 5 or over 6 depending on the % you use.  IDK something!!

This all STR build crap is really old.  Everyone just one shotting or 1 throwing people :(

Offline Z_E_N

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2011, 08:57:52 pm »
Whew this discussion got somewhere good while I was off playing Shogun 2.

So we can essentially conclude so far:

- To be extremely fast you have to be naked/near naked with a practice dagger. 
- To just be plain fast you still have to be naked/near naked with a decently lightweight weapon.

- High STR builds almost everyone can agree is boring, yet it is so much more powerful that we are handicapping ourselves greatly if we don't do it.

- Armor destroys AGI even more than I originally realized with the WPF.
- AGI chars can always be near one-shot.  However, they can't even swing fast enough to keep a STR character on their toes so they have zero advantage against them.  Even if you are a much better duelist than the STR char you are fighting, you still have to hit them 5+ times to kill them and one slip will get you killed instead.

The grand picture:  We are getting bored with doing throwing hybrids.  We are getting bored seeing the exact same characters everywhere (with different looking armor, but generally the same).  Nobody likes being one-shot, but unless you are one of the players "in the know", then you are probably getting one shot all the time.  Fixing AGI brings back specialization characters while also putting a limit on how high STR can go (because they will get spammed; and rightfully should if they have 0 WM).  This in turn lowers the number of "one-shots", making combat more interesting.  It also makes combat more fast paced so everyone and their grandmother can't manual block like a Jedi  (sorry to say, everyone that is a pro manual blocker now is only because combat is so slow paced..sure there are some great ones that would be great even with the faster speed; but there are SUBSTANTIALLY more players that can manual block everything than pre-patch because the combat speed has slowed down).

(Edit: Ok maybe that last comment was a bit harsh, but combat was still more interesting pre-patch with the faster paced non one-shot combat).
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 09:05:20 pm by Z_E_N »

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2011, 12:55:31 am »

- High STR builds almost everyone can agree is extremely pleasant to play, yet it is so much more powerful that we are handicapping ourselves greatly if we don't do it.

Fixed that little part for you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art