Poll

Add a +1 Hit point item for Level 34 retirement?

Yes, give the grinders a bone and give them a reason to retire.
No, I do not want to see these changes for reasons I have posted
I would prefer to see the item do something different, that I have posted

Author Topic: Lvl 34 retire  (Read 1524 times)

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Lvl 34 retire
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2012, 12:27:28 pm »
+1
This will counter their intention to make ppl retire at 31, though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2012, 05:41:52 pm »
This would be instead of the lvl 31 heirloom retire. People aren't going to skip all that gold and a FAR better heirloom just to get +1 hp unless they already don't care about those lvl 31 heirlooms, which is why the never retired in the first place. They've already got all the heirlooms and gold they want for their build.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2012, 05:48:59 pm »
No, no, no - best that can be done is 1 loom point per every 8.5 mil exp(its31lvl). So 32 lvl 2lp, 33lvl 4lp, 34lvl 8lp, 35lvl 16 lp

No, no no. The point isn't to "give them the best". The point is to give a small, unique boost that can only be achieved by retiring at level 34, not to give them everything they would have gotten by retiring every time at lvl 31.

The point is to give them a small, unique reason to retire.

Once again naysayers, you arguments fall flat on their faces. You know what happens without it? Nothing. Thats right, nothing. Except those same lvl 34 and 35 players will STILL be running around with those Ultra-builds and will STILL be kicking your ass.

"No no, we WANT them kicking our asses. Please don't encourage them to retire back to level 1 and a level playing field again. No, no please that would be HORRENDOUS!"
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2012, 06:18:05 pm »
unique boost that can only be achieved by retiring at level 34,

Something like this would be nice:

Requirement: To have 4th item of loom you must have an item that is either masterwork or masterpiece or champion etc... and you must be level 34 to loom the certain item.

Also when players reach level 30 they should get 1 extra HP, so each level that is above 30 will gain you one extra health
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 06:19:35 pm by AlexTheDragon »

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2012, 08:00:12 pm »
This would be instead of the lvl 31 heirloom retire. People aren't going to skip all that gold and a FAR better heirloom just to get +1 hp unless they already don't care about those lvl 31 heirlooms, which is why the never retired in the first place. They've already got all the heirlooms and gold they want for their build.

I am actually not against your suggestion, I like it a lot. I still think level 4 unique heirlooms would be more awesome, but your suggestion is good as well.

My previous post was directed at the one demanding the +2/+4/+8 loompoints. That would make the level 31 barrier completely irrelevant.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2012, 09:52:22 pm »
I am actually not against your suggestion, I like it a lot. I still think level 4 unique heirlooms would be more awesome, but your suggestion is good as well.

My previous post was directed at the one demanding the +2/+4/+8 loompoints. That would make the level 31 barrier completely irrelevant.

Gotcha. Yeah, I ain't down with stacking loom points at all.

Offline Phew

• Marshall
  • Renown: 775
  • Infamy: 132
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Phew_XVI
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 02:53:34 am »
+1
Lvl 34 retirement should endow some kind of highly symbolic reward with little or no tangible benefit. I say some small stat bonus (maybe selectable?) and they can name the item, maybe give it a slightly different texture.