Author Topic: [BAN] Leyeaudine  (Read 528 times)

Offline Minx

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Minx
[BAN] Leyeaudine
« on: March 15, 2012, 05:29:13 pm »
Picture is pretty self-explanatory.

I found their comment extremely offensive and in poor taste.

(click to show/hide)

Thank for your time.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
Re: [BAN] Leyeaudine
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 11:47:32 am »
Seems devs are not so sure about what to do on that one here :/

I say it's much worse than any racism or whatever and it is nothing one should joke about.

Make it a ban or a severe warning, otherwise the behaviour on server will get worse day after day

Offline Sagar

• Earl
  • Renown: 463
  • Infamy: 279
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bogumili
  • Game nicks: Sagar
  • IRC nick: Sagar
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 01:40:23 pm »
Devs should put on the first page (www.c-rpg.net) link to the Official  Server Rules. Prominent black letters "Read the rules before playing, any violation involves a particular sentence"

The rules could be added for example:

If you attach a screenshot of the application for the ban, the following penalties:

- Swearing, insults, racism - 3 days ban
- Leeching - 3 day ban
- Teamhiting - 1 day ban

and so and so

Offline Minx

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Minx
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 03:04:55 pm »
I agree.

I think part of the problem is a lack of transparency of the policies. I've seen in the past someone kicked for sexual orientated abuse, so in theory this should be considered more serious.

Personally I think this would also help to increase consistency as currently one admin may overlook what another may ban for a couple of days.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 04:49:19 pm »
Ok, as much as that would be a wonderful idea, the main reason that I can see for it not being that way is because nothing is black and white. There is a massive grey scale inbetween that blurs the difference between too many cases. If someone has teamkilled and been banned for it three times, we're not going to hand that player the same timed ban because they'll only do it again, and if we give them a more harsh ban, they'll pull up the list of ban times and say; "Oi, I thought if I did this I would only get three days out! You gave me an essay ban with 3 years minimum sentence! You don't stick to your own rules, why should I stick to them then?"

It just wouldn't work in my opinion, also, someone who hit four or five people at spawn and left would get the same sentence as someone who hit one guy for an accidental teamhit, which just isn't right. (Again depending on the track record of that player.)

I initially avoided this thread due to conflict of interest with my clan members and I said on teamspeak that unfortunately that because most people didn't find it overly offensive and looked past it, it's rather difficult to place a ban length on.

I have pulled up the logs for the time that this was said to show the reaction that a couple of players had to that, albeit it's a very childish thing to say, but as the rules do state not to be offended by insults and crude statements because we can't police the internet, I am afraid that in my best knowledge of the rules, this player being a complete obscurity to the logs.

(click to show/hide)

He has never been banned and although given the logs state that this player has been around since before 16/06/2011 (when he made his level 21, gen 1 main, a main, he just appears to have never really played the game avidly.

That does not give him excuse or leave to do what he wants, his name is now known and that is not a good thing given it's been learnt in a ban request thread.

I shall let him go with a warning and a copy of the in-game rules shall be left here in order to make people aware. I don't like people running around the servers saying remarks like this, but it is the internet and there are some strange people on here... For example, you yourself Minx know more about me than most people however you know very little in respects to who I actually am. I could be anything or anyone. I would just take things with a pinch of salt! ;)

Official EU Server Rules.
Official Forum Posting Rules.

Please remember that racism and other intentional attacks on people are taken far more seriously as they are directed at making a group of, or a single players life a misery, that is not acceptable and will be dealt with more heavily. Passing racist comments are also not allowed, so keep them to yourself if you feel the urge to type them out for the entire server/forums to see.

EDIT REASON: Bad spelling and grammar changes.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 04:50:50 pm by Tennenoth »

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are