Author Topic: Archery 2h hybrid build advice.  (Read 2009 times)

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
Re: Archery 2h hybrid build advice.
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 02:47:31 pm »
Looks like two weeks was not enough for you to show us your build accuracy Zapper.
Pity.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 04:55:40 pm »
Looks like two weeks was not enough for you to show us your build accuracy Zapper.
Pity.
You never responded to my question of which bow I should have used. Why did you never respond? Not my fault that you just ignored it. Just a simple "yeah, use that bow" would have been enough, but you never answered.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2012, 05:09:41 pm »
if you wanna gather real data - use same bow.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2012, 08:10:50 pm »
if you wanna gather real data - use same bow.
Which was my point exactly. But I don't HAVE a MW Horn Bow, hence I asked if I could use another bow or borrow yours. You never responded to that. Although you DID respond to another post here, so I'm guessing you just ignored it.
Pity.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2012, 10:43:31 pm »
You can use your bow, I think i can find same for less time than two weeks.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2012, 10:49:59 pm »
You can use your bow, I think i can find same for less time than two weeks.
My last gen was archer, I'm already retired and at lvl 30 with my 1h/2h/pole shieldercav build. Next gen is gonna be thrower/1h hybid. Might go back to the archerbuild after that. Was so OP :D

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2012, 01:00:58 am »
I personally suggest putting almost all the WPF into archery, and then maybe something like 50 wpf into 2h.  I've done gens without any wpf into melee and been able to compete just fine.

I recommend using a blunt weapon (like the mace) as your 2 hander.  5 PS works ok for longsword/katana but blunt is just so much safer, plus those handy knock-downs can give you a chance to finish someone off or simply put distance between you and the enemy if we're talking a tin can.

The WPF issue is tricky since you run into the issue of diminishing returns VS the general ranged wpf needs.  Aka, is losing ~50 wpf in melee worth the extra 5-6 wpf into archery? 

I guess it depends on what your goal is:
-Archer who gets off a few shots at range and then engages: split the wpf more like how you are suggesting.
-Primary archer, but able to defend self when forced to melee: max archery wpf.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2012, 12:42:44 pm »
I personally suggest putting almost all the WPF into archery, and then maybe something like 50 wpf into 2h.  I've done gens without any wpf into melee and been able to compete just fine.

I recommend using a blunt weapon (like the mace) as your 2 hander.  5 PS works ok for longsword/katana but blunt is just so much safer, plus those handy knock-downs can give you a chance to finish someone off or simply put distance between you and the enemy if we're talking a tin can.

The WPF issue is tricky since you run into the issue of diminishing returns VS the general ranged wpf needs.  Aka, is losing ~50 wpf in melee worth the extra 5-6 wpf into archery? 

I guess it depends on what your goal is:
-Archer who gets off a few shots at range and then engages: split the wpf more like how you are suggesting.
-Primary archer, but able to defend self when forced to melee: max archery wpf.

Your build it's more like pure archer with limited melee defence abilities. With mace range your chances against cavalry is very low. Also every polearmer will just stun you with holded overhead because you do not have any chances in «outrange» game. Looks like thread maker wanna have medium\close range archer and still have possibility to play agressively with melee weapon.
And do not forget about repairing chances with low melee proficiency.