Author Topic: Autobalance problem on Siege  (Read 264 times)

Offline Draggon

• Knight
  • Renown: 64
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Blocking axes with my face since June 2011
    • View Profile
    • SnowHawkClan.org
  • Faction: Snowhawk Clan (SHC)
  • Game nicks: SHC_Draggon, SHC_Draggonfang, SHC_Draggonclaw
Autobalance problem on Siege
« on: February 24, 2012, 03:31:54 pm »
This isn't so much 'Autobalance' in and of itself, but I know it's related to Autobalance though.

And I know other people have noticed it, but larger guilds love it, so no reason for them to say anything about it...

...however, this needs to be fixed.  Badly.

The problem is that when a lot of people are on from one guild, and/or possibly several banner stackers, after the first round the team with the most 'same' banners almost always, always, always gets to attack for the remainder of rounds on that map.  I would say easily 90-95% of the time.  And whether you admit it or not, most Siege maps are easier to win for attackers.  So not only do larger guilds have the advantage of being able to work together on TS/Vent, etc (no problem with large guilds or being able to work together obviously), but they get the added bonus of being able to attack damn near every round.  There have been nights where out of 2-3 hours of playing, I may have only gotten to attack a couple of times, depending on how long a large guild stays on farming multi's.

I don't blame the large guilds, it's not their fault.  I would definitely do the same.  It's damn near free xp offered by the system.  And it's not like they can do anything about it anyway.  I mean what are you gonna do, jump out of the server with a Multi you've had for several rounds?

I don't know if there's any way to code it to where the attacker/defender results are more random - but that would really help if it's at all possible.
OR, reverse it to where the most 'same' banners would have to defend.  However, that wouldn't be fair really to the larger guilds having to defend constantly, and would probably result in less people playing Siege over time.