Author Topic: Heirloom +3 personal naming  (Read 2433 times)

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
Re: Heirloom +3 personal naming
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2012, 02:33:32 am »
^ I like this idea!!! It wouldn't mess up anything in-game, but still allows a bit of a personal touch to your items, even if you're the only one that really sees it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Phoenix

• Baron
  • Renown: 137
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
  • Spinnin' and winnin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_Phoenix
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2012, 05:59:02 am »
Make weapon naming like how you change a name. Make it cost money and make it have to go through the devs/whoever approves of namechanges.. to get it accepted. That would prevent any of the gay names.
It's not always about winning. It's about spinning.

Offline reaperkiller

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • The bird of Hermes is my name Eating my Wings to
    • View Profile
  • Faction: make me Tame
  • Game nicks: Invictus Praetor
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2012, 07:41:58 am »
yes please implement i  demand my sword be named something special
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! SOULS FOR THE SOUL EATER!! LET THE WORLD BURN!!!!!

Offline MeevarTheMighty

• Count
  • Renown: 242
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/
  • Faction: RDP
  • Game nicks: Genemeve et al
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2012, 11:28:03 am »
Would be nice.

I don't know why there should be a limit of 1; there's room on the c-rpg website for a 5000 character bio, surely storing the +3 names wouldn't be an issue.

I don't see what's wrong with the names appearing in-game - if you can't identify a longsword by its model, you have no business picking one up.

I imagine the owning a weapon with an obscene name would attract the same attention and the same penalty as owning a character with an obscene name.

Can't see any easy way to implement this in-game, as afaik, every player would need an identical item_kinds1.txt and updating that constantly could be a pain.

Agree that the names should be unalterable. Would also be cool if you could only do it if the item isn't traded between +0 and +3.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2012, 04:46:32 pm »
I don't know why there should be a limit of 1; there's room on the c-rpg website for a 5000 character bio, surely storing the +3 names wouldn't be an issue.

It actually is.

From what I know of the game engine, items with custom names require to add entries to text files like the item_kinds.txt

So named items would mean you need to patch the mod each time someone adds a named item into the game.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2012, 07:18:44 pm »
Would be cool if heirlooms pickup text was different colors than standard. Would add a small yet nice difference. Also maybe like to have that with players too. Some of them could have different colored names indicating high level, good K/D ratio, lots of looms etc.

Offline MadJackMcMad

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • Hawk the Slayer's Rubbish.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: 22nd_Grumpy, 22nd_MadJackMcMad
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2012, 06:35:34 pm »
As far as I am aware, the name of an item is an integral part of it's definition in item_kinds.  You couldn't simply 'rename' your +3 weapon, it would require an entirely new addition in itemkinds.  An addition which would have to be loaded by everyone.  Consider the number of players with a +3 item, or multiple, and you'd have that number of new items.

It actually is.

From what I know of the game engine, items with custom names require to add entries to text files like the item_kinds.txt

So named items would mean you need to patch the mod each time someone adds a named item into the game.

Pretty much this.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:39:43 pm by MadJackMcMad »
ABSURDITY, n. A statement or belief manifestly inconsistent with one's own opinion.

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2012, 06:56:15 pm »
It actually is.

then how about ever month at a certain day a new patch is released containing any new update plus the names that got accepted for +3 weapons. That way it would be a normal update which would contain game patches so you wouldnt be going out of your way to add the names in(updating all the time)