Author Topic: Heirloom +3 personal naming  (Read 2436 times)

Offline MR_FISTA

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Prepare your angus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoW
  • Game nicks: SoW_MR_FISTA_the_Retribution
  • IRC nick: SoW_MR_FISTA
Re: Heirloom +3 personal naming
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2012, 08:45:26 pm »
My Glaive would be renamed 'Epic Glaive of Hymen Slaying'

Offline Black Wind

• Whiner
  • Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 185
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PK
  • Game nicks: PK_IncrediblySkillful, The Right arm of the guy with 13 PC's that is PK
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2012, 11:21:36 pm »
I'd buy an elders wooden stick, naming it: "The Long Hard Woodie"

But on a serious note, level 35 to do this? I think not.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Here in PK, we're better than you! And we know it.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2012, 12:07:19 am »
People would retire to name their item at level 35 if:
a) The item would become unique...no other +4 bec in cRPG ever
b) The item would gain normal +level boost comparable to the one from +2 to +3
c) The game would display a message "PlayerName, bearer of ItemName1 {and ItemName2..n}, has joined the server" (it would have to insert the message in the normal strat-lord-announcement, too, of course).
d) Final Boss would make a special model/texture for the item

I know I would grind to 35 just to get that. Especially c). "Nobody, bearer of nothing, has joined the server."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 12:09:35 am by zagibu »
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2012, 05:57:25 am »
+1
i dont even need it to be the only one  i just want my personally named......
HeavyBastardSword_which_used_to_belong_to_Malaclypse_of_Chaos_and _now_belongs_to_Invicti_Zaren_and_I_used_a_MW_warspear_to_trade_for_it...now thats worth me retiring at level 35

Offline PieParadox

• Count
  • Renown: 219
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PieParadox
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2012, 06:12:07 am »
Perhaps, there should be a choice that you can heirloom your item and name it something- however, it gets no stat boost.

So, you can get a named weapon for a loom point, but it will have no upgrades.

Or maybe, you have to pay a loom point to name your item and gets no loom point, but it is still upgradeable?

Also, if you look at weapons on the battlefield, maybe loomed/special weapons can be a different color than white? "Green, blue, yellow" names. Though this could be annoying.

Or maybe, pay 2 mil gold for a special name. Or something.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 06:13:21 am by PieParadox »

Offline Zaren

• Count
  • Renown: 162
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Zaren_Astralis
  • IRC nick: Zaren
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2012, 06:15:55 am »
shouldnt be that difficult.... its just a name and getting a +3(your first one) is hard work... i think you should get a free name and it should work like a name change.... maybe with the max amount of characters being based on the level of the loom? maybe in format  requestedname(realname) such as SuperhappyFunDagger(Elders Dagger) or maybe SuperhappyFunDagger/Elders Dagger

Offline reaperkiller

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • The bird of Hermes is my name Eating my Wings to
    • View Profile
  • Faction: make me Tame
  • Game nicks: Invictus Praetor
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2012, 04:31:57 pm »
awaaaaaa :oops:  could we actually make it like a reward when u reach the lv 35 and not  retire to get it...

i mean cause obviously i can see most of you have not tried to lv beyond 31 and specially not made it to  lv 33...

i am lv 32 right now and i stil got 12 to 10 mill exp left to lv up to 33

the original was 20 million xp

i dont wanna know how much is gonna be for 34 or 35!!!!  ill have no life if i want thiz!!!!!!!!!   :shock:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 11:28:45 pm by reaperkiller »
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! SOULS FOR THE SOUL EATER!! LET THE WORLD BURN!!!!!

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2012, 08:52:03 pm »
i dont even need it to be the only one  i just want my personally named......
HeavyBastardSword_which_used_to_belong_to_Malaclypse_of_Chaos_and _now_belongs_to_Invicti_Zaren_and_I_used_a_MW_warspear_to_trade_for_it...now thats worth me retiring at level 35

Which_Used_To_Belong_To_MrShine
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline ulfardarri

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Cannibal Holliday and 14 more
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2012, 09:13:23 pm »
Awesome idea

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2012, 12:17:52 am »
Why should I know the name of a weapon of some random dude? It makes no sense. Only weapons of heros are known to the common soldier by name. That's why in the game, only heros should be able to give their weapons names that stick.

Offline Zerran

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Caita_KUTT, Fellys_KUTT
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2012, 01:49:22 am »
Why should I know the name of a weapon of some random dude? It makes no sense. Only weapons of heros are known to the common soldier by name. That's why in the game, only heros should be able to give their weapons names that stick.

Certainly only a Hero's weapon's name would be known to others, but even a relatively unknown warrior could have his name engraved on his weapon, and so anyone with the weapon would be able to see who it belonged to.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2012, 03:54:53 am »
People would retire to name their item at level 35 if:
a) The item would become unique...no other +4 bec in cRPG ever

b) The item would gain normal +level boost comparable to the one from +2 to +3
c) The game would display a message "PlayerName, bearer of ItemName1 {and ItemName2..n}, has joined the server" (it would have to insert the message in the normal strat-lord-announcement, too, of course).
d) Final Boss would make a special model/texture for the item

I know I would grind to 35 just to get that. Especially c). "Nobody, bearer of nothing, has joined the server."

Fix'd
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2012, 02:02:51 pm »
There is a way to do it. But only yourself will be able to see the name has changed.

GO to your itemkind.txt in CRPG folder. open it. Press Ctrl+F. Type the +3 weapon you have. For example masterwork hafted blade. then go there. Leave haft_blade alone, then change the word "Masterwork Hafted Blade" into your desire name. Save, then restart CRPG, there you go

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2012, 09:40:38 pm »
Certainly only a Hero's weapon's name would be known to others, but even a relatively unknown warrior could have his name engraved on his weapon, and so anyone with the weapon would be able to see who it belonged to.

The first thing I would do upon finding a weapon with the engraved name of some random dude is grind the engraving down.

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2012, 01:41:45 am »
+3
Oh god, I can only imagine looking for a weapon amongst the battlefield just to find a bunch of randomly named weapons that give no hint to what they are. Or, as someone mentioned, a 1h sword named "Longsword" or something so when you pick it up you think you are getting a 2h, but you aren't.

This would be nice for the sole reason of making you feel more legendary, but would just make things more complicated. It would also render some items unsellable because of stupid names. In addition, I am not sure how much it would decrease performance to have to make the game read and rename the name of a 100 players' weapons. I believe the game would have to treat each named weapon as a unique and new weapon in order to stop every MW of that type being named the same thing. If that is the case it would hinder game performance quite a bit. Especially because every time a new player joins you'd have to load their item's name. Plus, the moderation and naming guidelines that would have to come with this would be too much work. What if someone has a weapon named "[Insert race here] Slayer"? Are we not to ban them for racism? Are we to reset their loom's name to get rid of it? Or would we simply have to do it the same way as name changes and force someone to go through and approve each weapon name?

The only way I could see this being implemented is if it was only visible on the c-rpg website. Perhaps being able to add a short name after the weapon type, so it'd show up as:

Masterwork Longsword "Voso's DESTRUCTURURERER"

Even then though, you'd have the problem with naming guidelines.

Would this be enough satisfy everyone's craving for a named item? Just curious.

They could also add another box on the marketplace UI under the details tab that says:

"Engraving: (Voso's DESTRUCTURURERER)"

That way when you are browsing the marketplace it still says Masterwork Longsword, and things are still easy to find.

EDIT: Rather than getting the option to name it after retiring, this would be a better feature if you had to pay gold to name it, and only looms were eligible. It would only be worth it to pay the fee to some people, and therefore not every weapon would be named. It would also likely stop people from impulsively naming their weapon something incredibly stupid. As someone mentioned engraving, just say it is the cost of the engraving. All in all, it'd be a poor purchase in my opinion as it would only be visible on the website and because it might lower resell-ability. But if you loved the item and wanted to personalize it, it'd be up to you.

It would also nice to be made that no matter what you name it, it begins with the name of the person who named it. (Like how it says Voso's in my example) This would allow you to trace back who's weapon you have, if you fancy, and allow only the original namer to be responsible for whatever name it has. Also, it'd stop people from trying to name items after people who are renown for using them to try and make more money. The only problem I see with this is clan tags, though maybe that would add an extra factor. If someone has an ooooollld weapon of yours, you might be able to tell its old by its clan tags.

They'd be like c-rpg baseball cards. "I'll trade you Goretooth's black armor from when he was in ATS for Rhaelys_of_Chaos' banded armor."
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 02:54:20 am by Voso »

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.