Author Topic: DTV gamemode and roofcamping  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
Re: DTV gamemode and roofcamping
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 11:52:16 pm »
and what completely ignore the people around them?i cant imagine them just steam rolling into the virgin nomatter how many of them we hit(they do that enough as it is the only thing that stops them is the prioritize players over the virgin).but the ones who actually charge the virgin are the fucking horses  :mad: i hate chasing those horses all the way to the virgin its annoys me to no end
and whats next after roof camping? we are not aloud to hide behind fenced areas? there is a reason why dtv is a dead game mode in my ping zone i have not seen a dtv with more then 10 people in weeks and the reason why its brutal to the point where U HAVE 2 CHEAT in order to win which NEVER happens and this mod is fun i dont know what you are talking about crpg is doing good seeing how its FREE.do you mean DTV?then yes i hope it is made better
i would love to see us being able to move the virgin and be able to use barricades but to make roofcamping a bannible offence will kill an already dieing game mode(dieing as in very few play it) unless something is implemented to substitute it making it useless
I seriously laughed uncontrollably at the fact you had not understood this guy (and me) wants every kind of unreachable spot (for the bots) covered in invisible walls, or staying there be made a ban-able offence...
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline sF_Guardian

• Marshall
  • Renown: 738
  • Infamy: 254
  • cRPG Player
  • In honour of Pepe the kindest baguette
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Sad Hobo Guild, Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Peso, Dondergod, Hobo_loves_Pepe, Ras_Putin_the_stronk, FrenchBow_le_tarlouze, Forrest_Trump...
  • IRC nick: Peso
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2011, 10:22:06 pm »
Just Ban all that that campers/buggers
I don't want to give a feedback to molly neither i want to ban him,I wanted to give advise high authorities to take his admin rights.Panos you monkey wrench where would u put this topic enlighten me you cancer fuck.

Offline whitepaladin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • holy king of the order
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Griffin
  • Game nicks: King brandis,Paladin Brandis
  • IRC nick: Brandis
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 10:51:40 pm »
+1
omg!?! dtv is alright for me and to me good changes would be to make it defend the village whitch was great

Offline Palestinian

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 'Pals' of Palestine
  • Game nicks: IGN : Disenfranchised_Palestinian
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2011, 01:51:16 am »
+1
Duke speaks the truth. Most groups I have been with manage the waves by having archers on the roof to pull a portion of the giant mass while the rest of the enemies head for the virgin/melee players. Its just smart play, no one is trying to intentionally exploit - depending on the make up of your group, the only way to succeed is in fact by playing in such a fashion. Lets face it most of the DTV players are peasants themselves.

Besides if people camp the roofs it will take longer for them to kill the enemies thus they get lower xp, so there is some incentive to kill the enemy quickly.

There are way too many detractors from DTV at the moment : mediocre xp, horrible gold income, kicking bug,  . We don't need to make it even more less enjoyable.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 03:26:37 pm »
I dont play DTV much but when i do i try to keep the rules enforced.

Bot glitching is silly and a time waster. It's basically cheating right? Winning by cheating is not winning at all.

The general consensus from players on DTV is that its ok and part of the mode tho bcos "how else can we beat these waves???"

The answer is you're not supposed to. I dont think you should see the end wave without having some really good team.

Simple fix would be to play "Defend the Virgin in a field"

Or Some map with a large bridge which cant be travelled under and the only way to get from the bots spawn to the players spawn is across the bridge.

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 04:45:58 pm »
I dont play DTV much but ...

I dont think you should see the end wave without having some really good team.

Simple fix would be to play "Defend the Virgin in a field"

That's the thing: devs and admins don't play the mode, so the people responsible for it really have no clue.

Bad teams who roof camp usually wipe on Vitez (if not sooner). Sniper crossbowmen take care of that.
So even with roof camping you don't see the end wave without having a really good team.

As I said in my first post, I would very much welcome back open maps: IF the spawns were staggered once more.  I mean have 1/3 spawn nearby, 1/3 spawn far away and the last 1/3 spawn even further in the distance. All within a cone of maybe 120 degrees (give the players a safe backside, at least initially)

Right now, having a massive wave of bots all clumped together is just cheap and overwhelms even the best teams if you fight them without staggering their arrival.

Offline Snoozer

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Faction:Knights Hospitaller
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2011, 07:39:11 am »
+1
exactly you cant back-peddle a giant mob i try i do well sometimes but there ALL the same speed its not like you backpeddle spreads them out like it does to real players who have different athletics

im not saying it the ONLY method to winning

i was referring to how usually the server has a low population so you HAVE TO CAMP

but when ever you have a manly man group who mans up like men and actually fights the mob IN A MAINLY MOP MAN TO MAN

you can last awhile but not for long unless you have a strong shield wall your fucked and even then once you get to axe mobs your shield wall means jackshit
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Good Bye Lost Legion R.I.P Q_Q

Offline whitepaladin

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • holy king of the order
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Griffin
  • Game nicks: King brandis,Paladin Brandis
  • IRC nick: Brandis