Author Topic: New Autobalance  (Read 7778 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: New Autobalance
« Reply #90 on: January 09, 2012, 06:10:55 pm »
And when too many LLJK come online I switch to a different banner anyway  :P

A decision most wise  :lol:
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2012, 06:11:14 pm »
before i felt like i spent about 50/50 winning and being on the team getting stomped, now it's more 10% winning, 90% getting destroyed. used to make money at a decent rate, now i seem to lose it, and it's not like i've suddenly become a lot worse.

one positive thing i can say is it seems like there's less of a cav/ranged "stack" problem
FREE ALLERS

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #92 on: January 09, 2012, 06:25:38 pm »
Personally I think ppl needa big boost of aggression in their playstyles.

Been on x1 for 3 rounds? Time to stop hiding behind a wall and charge.

Sometimes it fails and you're still on x1, but round is shorter and so less chance of repairs.

Sometimes it works, and it feels awesome.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 09, 2012, 08:53:59 pm »

Sometimes it fails and you're still on x1, but round is shorter and so less chance of repairs.

this a thousand times. noobcharge can be very successfull, especially on small maps directly at enemy spawn.

Another thing I never saw happen but 100% sure it would be work would be to wait with the whole team at the own spawn, wait for cav and kill them first, then the others. Most people seem to think 10 cavs cannot be beaten by 40 men on foot, but if you expect them its less then a problem.

Offline von_felty

• Peasant
  • Renown: 4
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TBT
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2012, 12:20:05 am »

The problem is when you are always team switched every round, there is no sense of team cohesiveness or learning the opponents strength and weaknesses because you are being thrown into a different group each time.

On the old system I remember being on the losing team and then someone finally everyone god fed up and decided to do something drastically different like charge a certain way or run to the left or right. It happened a lot.

Now its all just random and people get no sense of their own team, much less the enemy.

I mean its awesome when you meet the same person on the field in battle over and over again sometimes to duel it out, but now you end up on their team half the time without getting to "know" the enemy.

Also I see something that makes the whole point of autobalance useless....

Just today I was switched to teams each round and each time, the team I was on lost. Isn't the point to make it so that both teams have x1 all the time? Then the team I was on won and I was auto switched again and that team lost. Back to x1.

I don't mind losing or being on the underdog team, its just that the new autobalance is annoying when you are trying to get a sense of a battle. If you play CRPG long enough anyways you will play on both sides of a map so why force it so often?