Author Topic: Slowass Combat speed  (Read 8571 times)

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Slowass Combat speed
« Reply #135 on: January 09, 2012, 03:48:29 pm »
0.05s (before being affected by weapon speed) does not remove spam.

so what's the point? you can still castor, you just have to be more careful. if it's not significant enough to really stop an undesirable thing, yet is noticeable enough to be annoying and slow down combat, why still have it? i mean, it seems like your stated goal was to remove thing A, it did not remove thing A, because thing A is going to exist as long as there are left-right swings and strafing in the game - so why have it at all? why implement some weird half (and it's more like a quarter) measure? you could make hiltslashing less viable by making the swing "activate" earlier and glancing like a stab when a castor is attempted, if that's what you want to do - the change you put in seems like it's mis-targeted
FREE ALLERS

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 09, 2012, 03:50:25 pm »
there is no such thing as spam, jesus. you could call swinging wildly without any attempts at blocking spamming, but someone outswinging you is not that
FREE ALLERS

Offline Huey Newton

• Duke
  • Renown: 555
  • Infamy: 99
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Huey_Newton
« Reply #137 on: January 09, 2012, 05:32:33 pm »
+2
Lol i'll just say this to those who can no longer do the left to right castor swing.

Start it from the right swing and into a left.

If you know anything about 2handed hilt slashing, its not the swing you open with, its the closing one.

There I said it. Now all you run along to the duel server and practice it till it too becomes a problem so the devs can turn cRPG into the turn based strategy game is was meant to be

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 09, 2012, 06:59:27 pm »
When your weapon is blocked, not when you are blocking with your weapon.

Well, definitely better than what we have now, imo.

Offline Kato

• Count
  • Renown: 227
  • Infamy: 37
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 09, 2012, 07:32:25 pm »
Only reason why i like this changes is: that make duels a lot more interesting, before this change many duelist go for left - right routine all the time and if they were good blockers too, duels was incredible boring (better duelist perform castor swing every second atack - this was actually good because of possibility to chamber and not dying of boredom :))

current state:
2h: Castor swing is still possible but harder. People with dull left - right slash playstyle are screwed and need to do something more creative than wait till opponent is stunned after they blocked stab and got free hit. Its big nerf for no stab weapons. Its buff for stabwhores. :P 

1h: its stronger than ever 

Polearm: Not much testing yet, but its solid nerf for polearms as right slash is their main atack

so yeah, its need to be little bit polished 

EDIT: wrong thread is about a 2h right atack nerf not about combat speed
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 07:42:47 pm by Kato »

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #140 on: January 09, 2012, 08:24:50 pm »
Slow combat speed is awesome because now i can block good, but disadvantage is that when you vs archers....they run away a lot more easily

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #141 on: January 10, 2012, 04:59:07 pm »
Dead Island has an analog combat option where you control the swing direction instead of mindlessly pressing LMB. Currently, you need a simple mod to enable this for mice, otherwise need to use the 360 controller (which I am terribad with).

It's slightly more difficult to get the timing of a double swing in (then it used to be in cRPG), and it's an upswing instead of a stab (with the blunt guy anyway). Ninja girl's jump slash is really a jump stab.

Since the direction of cRPG seems to be a steady march over a slow moving cliff I am going to keep killing zombies for a while.

ps: fuck you.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog