Author Topic: Few things to fix in crossbows. [If you dont want to buff damage back]  (Read 3673 times)

Offline Wulzzz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Few things to fix in crossbows. [If you dont want to buff damage back]
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2011, 10:41:42 pm »
What?
Who's even mentioned those people?  I don't think anyone cares about horse xbowmen.  They're like HA's with downs.

He is a HorseCrossbowman and it looks like he in the first place wants a buff for the lightxbow which is the HorseCrossbowman weapon.
And i guess some care about them since more and more HorseCrossbowmen appear.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 10:42:55 pm by Wulzzz »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2011, 10:47:03 pm »
Triple sniper xbow, steel bolts, full black armor, plated charger. Best build ever.

lulz
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2011, 10:49:35 pm »
Thanks to me, Rache and few others, who were The First Horse Crossbowmen/women ;)

EDIT

Also, take a look. I am not the best HC ever, but, well... see it yourself.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 10:51:20 pm by Dravic »

Offline Wulzzz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2011, 11:05:26 pm »
And then you still want a buff for the lightxbow?

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2011, 11:12:52 pm »
Thanks to me, Rache and few others, who were The First Horse Crossbowmen/women ;)

Keep dreaming.
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2011, 11:34:05 pm »
i think something should be done, so wpf from 150+ in xbows gives a big(ger) advantage, as crosbows are good for hybrids now, but dedicated x-bowers suck.

False. Nothing wrong with crossbows, people should stop whining and learn to play.

You can still do good with 1 in crossbow wpf. If anything there should be a bigger hit on people with 1 xbow wpf and a much bigger boost to dedicated or hybrid xbowers.

Partially true. You can hit and kill things on shorter range but on long range you cant do shit. The definition of "doing good" depends on what you expect from crossbow. I expect to be able to snipe down those roof camping my old friendgchers from long range and 1 wpf is definitely not enough for it. Not even 100 is enough.

For "How to play a crossbowman" look at DaveUKR.

Yep, he's quite good but he whines too much. If it was him crossbows would be made like medieval Dragunov sniper rifles.

What?
Who's even mentioned those people?  I don't think anyone cares about horse xbowmen.  They're like HA's with downs.

Again people from EU arguing with people from NA, and the other way around. I recon you american folks dont have so many mounted crossbowmen running around useless as we do so.....

False. Bruce was testing that build before you chickens even laid out from your eggs. Actually, it was before your hen mother had sex with the rooster.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2011, 11:47:48 pm »
But when he was testing, it wasnt too popular, and when i started to play, i realised that it gets more and more popular. Also, 14 years ago there wasnt any MnB game.

Offline bruce

• Count
  • Renown: 262
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the Freak Army of the Gnjus / Saracens
  • Game nicks: Saracen_el_Brus
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2011, 12:11:39 am »
Also, take a look. I am not the best HC ever, but, well... see it yourself.

Worthless runners with 7/30 builds, here's how you do it:

Get powerstrike, use a sword, help infantry once they're properly in melee.

It's getting more popular now because they're more accurate and friendlier to use for noobs, and also heirloomed versions don't take more str like they used to. Back in the good old days, a masterwork light crossbow could onehit-kill a lancer in the body, if fired at 3 metres. Of course, if you missed you'd be dead. And you were hunted by horse archers with superaccurate armour piercing autocannons.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 12:20:52 am by bruce »
Best ban reason ever:
Quote from: Wookimonsta
I checked, the only Vagabond I found was Wolves_Vagabond_TheCruel, that guy is now unbanned. Ban reason was: "calling Zotte a cockswoggler".

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2011, 12:11:54 am »
Dravic, screenshots of scores like 8-3 and 8-6 don't prove much (if anything.) It's possible to get such scores with every build, no matter how gimped.

And Gnjus, whine he may, but I was referring to him being able to shoot very accurately to long distances even against moving targets - which shows crossbows are fine, since people can consistently hit and kill with them. In fact, I'd rather be shot by bows than crossbows, if the crossbowmen know what they're doing.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Nemeth

• Knight
  • Renown: 34
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Nemeth
  • IRC nick: Nemeth
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2011, 04:16:02 am »
Its not really hard to make long range shots with sniper xbow, hell I bet you even saw me (well, maybe you didnt) regulary shooting people over long distance, because they never expect it. And I am no good xbower. I find it harder to shoot at medium to close range, since that is when people think theyre in effective range and start moving unpredictably. But yes, Dave is a great xbower, best Ive ever seen and I wouldnt wanna play against him if xbows were buffed.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 01:15:46 pm by Nemeth »

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2011, 09:38:26 am »
which shows crossbows are fine

That is exactly what i said. Dave, on the other hand, thinks they are not. He'd like to have them even more accurate and with more damage. :wink:
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ZyloRage
« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2011, 01:46:16 am »
While I wouldn't moan at an increase in projectile speed for crossbows, I honestly think they're fine. I'm a 15/24 polearm guy who runs around with a Sniper xbow with 50 wpf. It might be different for me because with 8 athletics, I can relocate extremely easily, but I've gotten 6 or 7 kills in a round with the Sniper xbow. My only real real beef with the higher damaging ones are their reload speeds, but hey... That's the tradeoff for more damage.