Poll

Lower horse bump damage and make it negate armor

Yes
20 (62.5%)
No
12 (37.5%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author Topic: Horse bump damage  (Read 1424 times)

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
Re: Horse bump damage
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 02:08:56 pm »
Game is balanced enough. Our horses are so great and strong that we need to play like a my old friends and backstab ppl.
Let's make them more ussless by removing every good thing we can use.
Spears can outreach lances,i pay over 1k repairs every round,horse dies from 2-3 arrows,stop from one pike hit and gets you killed,horse die from one leg hit with any weapon and that shit isn't enough but you need to nerf cav again. 

Offline Mlekce

• Earl
  • Renown: 454
  • Infamy: 367
  • cRPG Player
  • Remove kebab
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard, ex Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Mlekce, Sergius
  • IRC nick: Mlekce
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 02:14:10 pm »
in reality horsmen ride straight into infrantery and play like heroes,only in crpg horsmans play like a pussies because cav is so nerfed that it can't be played properly. Even shitty peasant lvl 4-5 can kill your horse.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 02:19:35 pm »
Horse bumps make it so unskilled players can just sell heirloom points and use heavy cav to horse bump people to death and actually be a factor.
Lower or negate the damage.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 04:24:16 pm »
Horse bumps make it so unskilled players can just sell heirloom points and use heavy cav

You serious? Now after the patch heavy CAV players cannot charge directly into infantry anymore because one hit to the legs is enough to bring down an elephant. People who ride on heavy horses must notice that. Horse bump needs a buff just like in reality.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 04:34:46 pm »
You serious? Now after the patch heavy CAV players cannot charge directly into infantry anymore because one hit to the legs is enough to bring down an elephant. People who ride on heavy horses must notice that. Horse bump needs a buff just like in reality.

wait, wasnt it you who was lately going on server doing nothing else but bumping people, not even trying to land an attack, you'd get positive score. yea your nick was lungy_bump_for_justice.

you just actually shot yourself in the foot, it's your brain that needs a buff...

cav is the only class that get a passive weapon that can kill people with no intention to do so

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 04:57:56 pm »
wait, wasnt it you who was lately going on server doing nothing else but bumping people, not even trying to land an attack, you'd get positive score. yea your nick was lungy_bump_for_justice.

you just actually shot yourself in the foot, it's your brain that needs a buff...

cav is the only class that get a passive weapon that can kill people with no intention to do so

Ye my last gen was a bumper with 13 riding. However even with 13 riding i canot bump kill anyone in 1 bump. I have to bump 6 times at full speed in order to bump kill people with 50+armor. Sometime i can 1 bump kill a peasant but sometime can;t.  It's pretty hard to get postive score because you have to bump into the enemy and not the friendlies . All horses can die from 1 hit believe me or not. Any weapon that hits the horse in the legs can deal a massive amount of damage. If a player has 5 or more PS it is enough to 1-hit-kill a destrier / war horse.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 09:00:53 pm »
balance > realism.

also im cav so..

I have no idea who that other guy is, but if Badplayer is calling for a bump damage fix, I believe him.

And Frank, I gotcha now.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 11:00:42 pm »
Ye my last gen was a bumper with 13 riding.

The fact that a "Bumper" build exists is the reason horse bump needs to be nerfed.  There is no skill to it.  None at all.

And since you want to always go the "Hurf durf REALISM" route.  Wouldn't the horse riders take damage when their horses die and they are going full speed?

Easier fix would just be to get rid of bump damage.  Keep in the bump interrupting though.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline Ylca

• Count
  • Renown: 183
  • Infamy: 68
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: YlcaTheTerrible, YlcaTheJuggler
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2012, 12:46:50 am »
The fact that a "Bumper" build exists is the reason horse bump needs to be nerfed.  There is no skill to it.  None at all.

And since you want to always go the "Hurf durf REALISM" route.  Wouldn't the horse riders take damage when their horses die and they are going full speed?

Easier fix would just be to get rid of bump damage.  Keep in the bump interrupting though.

By that logic the fact that unbreakable shield build exists means that shields should be nerfed. Not a terribly good argument imo.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2012, 01:36:51 pm »
+2
I will take a nerf to shields if you give me either a shield bash or remove manual blocking during kicks.   :twisted:

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2012, 08:27:23 am »
Alex the dragon, Mlekce.

Read and understand what this is about before you start ranting incoherently.

This isn't a bump damage nerf, if anything it is a buff because it would be increasing the damage dished out to heavier armor, and reducing it for lower armor which would mean an over all damage buff because you would have more targets to hurt with bumps :/ far out, talk about completely missing the bloody point.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2012, 10:14:01 am »
+1
in reality horsmen ride straight into infrantery and play like heroes