Author Topic: Ban request:  Multiple offenders  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Rhaelys

• Duke
  • Renown: 509
  • Infamy: 47
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: Rhaelys_BlockLeft_of_Chaos
Ban request:  Multiple offenders
« on: November 28, 2011, 07:18:42 am »
From Gorath:

Since I cannot post myself I have asked Rhaelys to post for me:  I believe that it falls well within server rules for requesting a ban for players spreading the insinuation/allegation that someone has rape charges IRL.  This goes well beyond general trolling into serious defamation of character from which people have lost jobs, had their lives ruined, been assaulted or worse.  Just from the accusations.  In game terms I believe it most certainly at the very least falls under the server rule "General rules: No abuse of in-game chat (racism, insulting, griefing...) found here http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2606.0.html.  Screenshots are here.  So far the most prominate spammers of this offense have been:

Partyboy
(click to show/hide)

and Billgod
(click to show/hide)

Thank you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Quote from: Uumdi
sweet of you guys to celebrate my birthday
wait you're talking about that devils lettuce arent you, god damnit
Quote from: Kreczor
yo you want to burn some sweet romaine tonight?
Quote from: Uumdi
yeah i smoke that dirty green shit fuck iceberg

Offline LLJK_Goatee

• Baron
  • Renown: 87
  • Infamy: 23
  • cRPG Player
  • "swing Merrill! swing away"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ADTRW Shogunate
  • IRC nick: Socratic
Re: Ban request:  Multiple offenders
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 07:39:19 am »
<22:37:58>"a bear irl": Given Gorath's history of making light of rape, "0:53] < CotgS_Niemand> rape is not morally wrong.
[00:53] < CotgS_Niemand> rape is an answer to all those bitches that are like "you are too nerdy, i wont fuck you!" I believe that this ban request is a pathetic attempt at revenge for some past slight. I had merely heard a rumor and was asking for public clarification, there is nothing rule-breaking about that. In fact I gave him an opportunity to publicly deny these allegations, I did him a favor in actuality. :oops:

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2011, 03:52:32 pm »
You should be banned as well Gorath for that foul language. Potty mouths are not very nice. You also need to look up what defamation of character is. This is not it.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Diomedes

• Count
  • Renown: 200
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player
  • Cat
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Sootnik_Diomedes
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2011, 07:49:52 pm »
I don't see the problem.  So long as there're not doing anything like (a) finding out who you are through perniciousness means (b) publishing information about your real life self or (c) making the game environment really awful for you there doesn't seem to be anything really wrong here.  Unless there's significantly more to this story than is written in this thread I say lock it.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 05:10:04 pm »
Topics like this should not be made fun of in any way.

Especially if targeted at a specific person.

I don't usually look forward to ban on sight, but.

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 09:49:06 pm »
Topics like this should not be made fun of in any way.

Especially if targeted at a specific person.

I don't usually look forward to ban on sight, but.

Substantially worse things have been said to players without repercussion. Banning two people on sight for making stupid comments is irresponsible unless all such cases are treated the same. So be prepared to throw out a ban whenever someone calls someone an offensive name; and enjoy playing on empty servers.

Offline ManOfWar

• Count
  • Renown: 243
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • No crutches at all!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Remnant_ManOfWar (Formerly Takeda)
  • IRC nick: ManOfWar
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 10:48:36 pm »
I don't see the problem.  So long as there're not doing anything like (a) finding out who you are through perniciousness means (b) publishing information about your real life self or (c) making the game environment really awful for you there doesn't seem to be anything really wrong here.  Unless there's significantly more to this story than is written in this thread I say lock it.
Just a soldier

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 12:11:11 am »
Dear friend Gorath,

If you are being harassed in game report to admins and they will probably get muted.  Trust me, I love muting BILLGOD(a_bear_irl) and PARTYBOY is always an obnoxious drunk worthy of a muting.

However you yourself are quite the troll, so some claims are hard to give credence to, when you may have provoked them with your chat spam, or posting.  I notice in all of those chat logs you are being pretty obnoxious in the server chat anyways.  In fact, bear also requested administrative action be taken upon you for "threatening to bomb my (bears) house irl."  Unsurprisingly, you are both muted off the forums for trolling, and I do not deem these grievances to be serious enough for Banning Action.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.