Author Topic: Horse hit box  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Horse hit box
« on: November 15, 2011, 01:28:53 am »
+6
Seriously needs to be fixed.

The horse's head is so small, arrows pass through and into a shoulder or shield. Weapons pass through the head all the time. Can't count how many times I've watched my weapon go through the horses nostrils, only to get bumped and yes, slashed. Your horse should be dead!
The ass end of the horse is truncated apparently and only exists directly under the saddle itself. Extend that out to where the graphics end.
The width of the box is wider than the graphics so you get an invisible "shoulder bump" when you shouldn't.

Revisit, or post the hitboxes as they exist and prove me wrong.

Also, this would explain why horses suddenly no longer rear except maybe 10% of the time when hit from the front with a polearm.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 01:38:03 am by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
Re: Horse hit box
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 02:08:05 am »
Also, this would explain why horses suddenly no longer rear except maybe 10% of the time when hit from the front with a polearm.

Many polearms no longer rear horses, such as; shortened spear, spear, staffs

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 02:42:56 am »
Many polearms no longer rear horses, such as; shortened spear, spear, staffs

Stealth cavalry buff, of course  :rolleyes: So where is the list of polearms that actually work like they are supposed to do?

At least make it so that crap will stop passing through a full 1/3 of the graphic (front and back combined)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 02:44:43 am by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 04:19:11 am »
Remove cav's legs.

Add wings.

Problem solved? (On a more serious note, cavalry hitboxes are a wee bit fucked up feeling).
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 09:54:12 am »
+6
I agree that horses have the least apparent and nonsensical hitboxes out of anything. They'll bump you from a good foot away or you'll swing right onto their hip or stab them from underneath when they jump and still manage to hit the rider's shield without the horse taking damage.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 10:02:29 am »
+1
Stab (atleast 2h stab) has a stupid big hitbox too, I can't recall how many times I stabbed a teammate when the stab wasn't even close to his body.

Offline Lactose_the_intolerant

• Earl
  • Renown: 460
  • Infamy: 71
  • Byzantium the intolerant, lactose_the_...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 06:07:40 pm »
+3
shield covering the entire horse is retarded too

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 04:22:01 am »
I've just started standing inside the horses ass and shooting the rider in the back. He can't get me and there is no hit box there, so I don't get bumped. Sweet!

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 04:34:37 pm »
Really really tired of sword swinging through the horses ass without landing. I'm not talking about the tail. I'm talking about the entire ass end behind the saddle. It is ethereal.

Please fix the horse hit box. This is especially detrimental to 1 handers who practically must be sitting ON THE SADDLE ITSELF with the rider in order for a collision to occur with the horse model.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 05:23:40 pm »
I aint got problems hitting a horse unless the rider has a shield..

Also Rumblood ask jambi if he wanna learn you how to aim since he takes down horses like a baws
« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 05:24:56 pm by Tzar »
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 07:06:03 pm »
No honor in aiming for the horse, aim for the rider always, then you won't have to worry about hitboxes.  Also killing horses is extremely easy if they are within melee range, if you stab the horse and there's no shield blocking it (elite cav shield is sometimes wonky i admit) you will damage it.

German Greatsword juke/leap outthrust heavy lances all day everyday
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 08:16:18 pm »
If anything the horse's head is too big. Arrows/bolts/throwing lances hit it every goddamn time. And yes the hitboxes are fucked like any other hitboxes for that matter. My horse has been killed few times by a great maul overhead from the front and my lance didn't reach the mauler. The maul hits only air but it kills the horse somehow. I think that the hitbox must have been travelling faster than the actual horse or something. Or then my ~67 ping messes it up just enough to make it look like that. Well I don't complain since that is easy to counter by just turning just enough to dodge the maul attack and hit with the lance.

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2011, 01:25:16 am »
+1
If anything the horse's head is too big. Arrows/bolts/throwing lances hit it every goddamn time. And yes the hitboxes are fucked like any other hitboxes for that matter. My horse has been killed few times by a great maul overhead from the front and my lance didn't reach the mauler. The maul hits only air but it kills the horse somehow. I think that the hitbox must have been travelling faster than the actual horse or something. Or then my ~67 ping messes it up just enough to make it look like that. Well I don't complain since that is easy to counter by just turning just enough to dodge the maul attack and hit with the lance.
Regarding Mauls and hitboxes....

Today I was crusthrough killed by a Great Maul. He did an overhead, missed me, I stepped forward, the Maul was still in the animation but towards the ground, I hear the crushtrough sound and die. Seems like Mauls can also crushtrough/deal damage when you run into them if the animation isn't done. Really the same with all 2h overheads, but the crushtrough one was more hillarious. It seemed to do MORE damage when it's at the end of the animation xD
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2011, 10:43:42 am »
+1
Regarding Mauls and hitboxes....

Today I was crusthrough killed by a Great Maul. He did an overhead, missed me, I stepped forward, the Maul was still in the animation but towards the ground, I hear the crushtrough sound and die. Seems like Mauls can also crushtrough/deal damage when you run into them if the animation isn't done. Really the same with all 2h overheads, but the crushtrough one was more hillarious. It seemed to do MORE damage when it's at the end of the animation xD
That + weird horse hitbox = hilarious horse kill. I mean it looks funny when someone is crazy enough to go and hit the ground with massive metal maul and it kills horse from a distance. Hammer of Thor? xD

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2011, 11:16:43 am »
+1
That + weird horse hitbox = hilarious horse kill. I mean it looks funny when someone is crazy enough to go and hit the ground with massive metal maul and it kills horse from a distance. Hammer of Thor? xD