Author Topic: Offer Heirloom Respecs on Major Weapon Rebalances  (Read 3257 times)

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
Re: Offer Heirloom Respecs on Major Weapon Rebalances
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2011, 07:04:42 pm »
I guess the problem is that a lot of players choose weapons which are op at the moment and are always in search of "best" build and best weapons.

This isn't a "problem". It is the nature of an MMORPG. Some people will always try to get the best loot/gear, and as long as there is imbalance, other people will blame those people. But it's not their fault that certain equipment is better than others. And I find it hypocritical and counter-intuitive to blame people for using the equipment that is most effective. It happens in every MMO out there, because it's human nature. Not using the best equipment is akin to being a sadist.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2011, 08:40:51 pm »
This isn't a "problem". It is the nature of an MMORPG. Some people will always try to get the best loot/gear, and as long as there is imbalance, other people will blame those people. But it's not their fault that certain equipment is better than others. And I find it hypocritical and counter-intuitive to blame people for using the equipment that is most effective. It happens in every MMO out there, because it's human nature. Not using the best equipment is akin to being a sadist.

I am almost agree with you regarding human nature and the principle of MMO, instead, i'm not using the best equipment cause i found that using the Black Armor is really masochistic, it's so ugly!
However I hope there is nevertheless some players who do not choose only their equipment because it is OP, but also for style.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2011, 08:46:34 pm »
totally agree, there no reason why not. don't grief your player base. free mod is supposed to be about fun.

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2011, 08:46:57 pm »
+1

Every time a weapon is nerfed, owner of such heirloomed weapon should have option to change it for something else. That's fair solution.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline Heroin

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
  • cRPG NA Server Admin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: MB
  • Game nicks: BlackHand_Heroin, Heroin_ATS, Heroin__JaBoNRA, Heroine_Heroin_MB, F8
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2011, 09:18:55 pm »
However I hope there is nevertheless some players who do not choose only their equipment because it is OP, but also for style.

There are. I was just pointing out 1 of the many reasons people play RPGs. Many other people are more concerned with having a unique style/image, and my point was, there is no reason to say one style of play or reasoning for playing is any better than the other. People play for their own reasons, and do so in the manner that is most enjoyable to them. Celebrate that, don't punish it.
Quote from: Godfrey of Ibelin
I once fought for two days with an arrow through my testicle.