Author Topic: Please review 1h shield to pol and 2h counterparts.  (Read 4443 times)

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
Re: Please review 1h shield to pol and 2h counterparts.
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2011, 04:26:41 am »
29 armour babe, s'how we do it in the big T O (that's Toronto, Canada)

I realized, after giving up my Warhammer, that the most fun way to play cRPG is to fight.  Not to get kills, or to support, but to fight people.  I also realized that it's a nice challenge to run in medium armour because it forces me to be far more aware of the battle in general.  Right now, when I join a fight, I feel like I'm actually fighting in a battle: I need to watch out for my team, since I know I can't carry them with my light build, I need to kill enemy, since I'm a good team player insofar as I try to do everything I can without help, and I'm careful, because I try to be an important part of something bigger than me.  Lighter armour has made cRPG gameplay much more dynamic than I believed it could be, and I now see why it's a common progression for so many players.

Also, light armour is sexy :D
Running 21/21 right now as a 1hander. Kinda fun.
Mostly pilgrim disguise.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #61 on: November 06, 2011, 11:09:02 pm »
Running 21/21 right now as a 1hander. Kinda fun.
Mostly pilgrim disguise.

Got to love how in 1v1 a 1h weapon is actually more effective if you don't spec into shield at all or use one.

Just a funny little bit of info.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #62 on: November 06, 2011, 11:47:49 pm »
Got to love how in 1v1 a 1h weapon is actually more effective if you don't spec into shield at all or use one.

Just a funny little bit of info.

Actually, you're better off without a shield in almost ALL situations. Well, as long as you can block.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2011, 01:00:25 am »
Actually, you're better off without a shield in almost ALL situations. Well, as long as you can block.
Only reason I cary a shield is for ranged (enemy hits), group combat (enemy and allied hits) and ganking (allied hits). But many a time, it's better to drop the shield than keep carrying it.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia