Author Topic: The Useless Longbow  (Read 12606 times)

Offline CaptainQuantum

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The 22nd Battalion
  • Game nicks: Quant, Quantum
Re: The Useless Longbow
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2011, 09:53:06 pm »
At first the longbow is much worse in comparison to the warbow, it was the same for me, but now I have played with it for a few levels (24ish-28), I have picked up it's rhythm. I don't do too badly with it now, it may need a slight buff but I cannot tell myself, air speed of the arrow doesn't really bother me since I can correct for that now, perhaps an accuracy increase would help, after all it is a longbow. Changing to pierce damage would be nice too since longbows were designed for range and armour penetration. In summary either increase accuracy or change to pierce damage if a buff is required, as to the OP you may find it hard with the speed of the longbow but once you find the rhythm the speed is not impossible, it's just inducing a different play style.

Offline Native_ATS

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2011, 10:43:36 pm »
all top tier bows blow...
look at what i learned or started to think about
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,4136.0.html

Offline Taeryl

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2011, 11:05:40 pm »
I have been using a longbow since the release of the new patch, and although I have to agree that it is lacking, I don't see any major flaws beyond the accuracy and draw time that need to be improved.  I have a masterwork longbow and sharp bodkin arrows, and can still only one-shot people in cloth armor, and often 2-3 shot archers, just the same as with a strong bow in most situations.  This seems fairly weak and it is, the damage on arrows have scaled the bows to have a high starting point and a low rate of improvement from bow to bow, making the strong bow superior in many ways because the time it takes to make one shot on a longbow often a strong bow can get 2 shots off AND they are more accurate.  Half of my kills come from melee with only 77 WPF, which is a testament to what the longbow is, a support build.  I can one shot kill the lower horses and 2 shots get most of the mid rank horses, and plate armor still gets hurt; I have had goretooth say I hit him for 1/4 his hp in his famous black armor.  This new patch itself may undo longbowmen by removing melee hybrids, and the support this build of archer brings.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 12:07:32 am by Taeryl »

Offline Mr. Hannibal

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2012, 11:46:01 pm »
+1
I think simply upping the damage by another two or three points would make it viable, then it would be a good nitch weapon that could be used for headhunting cav/tin cans. Oh, and making the image for it larger, it looks too small in-game.

As for the complaints that by the time you draw your bow you have to readjust for a target, I disagree. I at least can move my reticule and track while drawing (Is my game glitched then?), so I only lose targets when they go behind cover..

boxxy's,i mean Tears of Destiny's first post <3

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2012, 01:10:13 am »
+1
LOCK THREAD
DO NOT REPLY
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.