Author Topic: [Mechanic] Hunting/Light Crossbow  (Read 1762 times)

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ZyloRage
Re: [Mechanic] Hunting/Light Crossbow
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2011, 10:43:11 pm »
+1
Also, what I was getting at is that while reloading on the move on foot, your movement speed is reduced to something akin to 2 Athletics wearing all black armor, carrying a couple ladders in your hands. Not quite gamechangingly quick, but still, you're NOT STANDING STILL.

Aka.... Fucktardedly Slow. I'm not saying we should be moving around with 7 athletics worth of speed, guys. I'm saying that these should be able to be reloaded while walking SLOWER THAN A PERSON HOLDING UP A SHIELD OR CHAMBERING AN ATTACK. Like I said, not game breakingly fast, just enough to move a few feet to get behind a tree or something.

I agree that either the TWO LIGHTER CROSSBOWS should either be able to be reloaded by hand on foot, like they are on Horses.... or that that ability should be Removed while on horseback (but then who the hell would use a crossbow from Horseback?).

maybe we could just implement some other reload animations

I'd be game for this. I just think it's stupid that 1. Light/Hunting crossbowers have to bend over to reload their crossbows and 2. That due to the animations done on horseback, you obviously don't need to be standing still or use your feet to reload them.

All I ask for is Consistency!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 10:44:27 pm by Zekerage »

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 05:47:35 pm »
it's giving the two "weakest" crossbows an ability they already posses on Horse back. It doesn't make sense to me why characters are able to ride horses, and in turn, it allows them to summon the strength to pull the loading mechanism back, but on foot, they're weak little peasants.

I didn't know xbows could reload while moving, on horseback. I mean... i didn't know PEOPLE moved on horseback. It's not because you can do it on horseback, that you can do it while walking, it's completely different.

Just NO, keep the mechanics different for xbows and bows.
It's already a pain to shoot the masterworked light xbow user on his cataphract horse, if he can also CONTINUE reloading while dodging my arrows (once i finally shot his horse down), i'll really get mad. :evil:
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ZyloRage
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2011, 01:40:34 am »
If you can't shoot someone reliably that's moving SLOWER... than someone who has a shield up.... you may want to pick a new class... :P

The speed at which a reloading, walking, LIGHT xbower would move is equivalent to say.... Walking up hills/mountains for ANYone... Aka.. Slow as hell. Seriously, everyone is making it sounds like I'm asking for them to be able to move in retarded, quick, rapid succession like the melee units do while they walk towards ranged units. I'm not.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 01:42:51 am by Zekerage »

Offline Duke

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2011, 02:01:23 am »
The speed at which a reloading, walking, LIGHT xbower would move is equivalent to say.... Walking up hills/mountains for ANYone... Aka.. Slow as hell. Seriously, everyone is making it sounds like I'm asking for them to be able to move in retarded, quick, rapid succession like the melee units do while they walk towards ranged units. I'm not.

Change. They fear it.