Author Topic: Patch melee infantry out of the game entirely  (Read 2742 times)

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Patch melee infantry out of the game entirely
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2011, 10:59:31 pm »
+1
Every death from ranged weapons is simply wasted time, its not fun and is not why youre waiting couple of minutes for next round.
If you are dying early in a round on a regular basis I think it's time to change some things about your build and or playstyle and or gear. Right now I have a hybrid archer/polearm (yeah odd I know) so I know that most this crap melee whine about comes down to just that... whining. When I'm in pole mode I die 90+% of the time to MELEE! If I can do it I would think a DEDICATED melee should be able to figure out how not to get owned by ranged every round.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 11:03:03 pm by Lichen »

Offline a_bear_irl

• Duke
  • Renown: 540
  • Infamy: 252
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2011, 11:04:09 pm »
on NA there are 3 "other" classes (archer/thrower/cav) to 1 infantry now because let's be honest, NA is full of minmaxers and everyone knows archery/throwing/heavy cav are crazy OP right now

when the server is full i'm lucky if i can even make it to the front line and it's not like i'm charging at archers head on, jesus christ

if you cannot argue against my points without calling me bad don't even bother posting
FREE ALLERS

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2011, 11:09:19 pm »
+1
I don't remember only a quarter of my opponents being melee...  :|
I need to start taking screenshots.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Hrafn

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2011, 11:23:22 pm »
Ive played in native with 2h without shield and heavy armor. If you cant play as 2h in crpg, then I think its better for you just to change class/weapon, or stop playing.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 11:26:08 pm by Hrafn »

Offline Ulrek

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2011, 11:42:10 pm »
+1
I'm not sure how this is constantly, but at least last night/earlier today i was able to get on my shiny black horse, ride up next to the archers, watch them shoot at the horse pointlessly as i slash them to pieces or beat them to death with a hammer. *Edit* I mean i actually just got off the horse and killed them, after ridding up right next to them.

The only time i've died to archers or crossbows, and i wear a tribal warrior outfit with 7 IF mind you, is when i was already wounded, or they got a lucky headshot, every other time if i lose, it's due to being out matched in a duel, i've ran naked (still with helmet and boots because they're stylish) in to battle and gotten shot by an archer for something like 30-40% of my health, when i have 0% torso armor they don't hurt enough to 1 shot me.

I actually feel bad when i kill people that cant defend themselves against me, such as high pingers, just bad players, or ranged users i walk up to who aren't smart enough to kite me.

What you all should complain about, is the fact that people can curve a pike around your big shield and stab you because of how stabbing in to the ground makes the pike magneticly stick to your face, that is actually broken, archers are just people who like to use a more "Modern" style of fighting.

-Ulrek-

Offline PikeDan

• Knight
  • Renown: 28
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
  • Pro Fide, pro utilitate hominum
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Pikedan
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2011, 12:25:27 am »
2h is gonna complain, no matter how much you nerf other classes into obscurity.

You wanna stop getting killed by Archers and Cav? Stop playing their game, get a fucking shield or a pike to use when you're not in melee.

Also, RE: Pikes. Get more shield skill, most of the time it's because you're going 2v1 against a pikeman and a different melee user. Just keep watching your side, because I've fought you plenty of times, and you tend to just focus on the big-ol 2h and not the dude with the 300 length pike that will just stun-lock you into oblivion if you let him. Pikes are the most dangerous weapon in the game, IMO. But I'm also pretty biased.
Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong. That is our oath.

Offline hippy_with_a_scimi

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
  • Balbasaur
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Balbaroth since the dawn of times
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2011, 12:50:10 am »
+2
infantry is not harder than before , my biggest enemy is the balance system  , thinking it make lots of sense to put all the range together or cav  , or all clans in the same team  , make lots of sense !  , this made infantry job horrible , we exist to get shot or trample to death , i miss naked mike days , or tunatown melee only ( its deserted ) 

Range cav spam is fluent in this renaissance era CRPG    ,  im trying to DEAL WITH IT but ragemeter is going up lol

Offline Corrado_Decimo

• Baron
  • Renown: 109
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Grey Order
  • Game nicks: Corrado_the_Grey, Bodyguard_the_Grey, Sniper_IV_the_Grey, Ston3rh, Hopleet
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2011, 12:52:56 am »
There's like a million threads every time they slightly change archery.. even when it's for the better (like the recent arrow type damage change).

hahah the day jumpshoot got removed was nothing compared to the slower nocking arrow animation.. that day felt like 12/12/2012.