Author Topic: Horse Speed + Acceleration  (Read 16011 times)

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
Re: Horse Speed + Acceleration
« Reply #270 on: September 17, 2011, 01:35:09 pm »
I happen to think taken down enemy cav is a huge bonus to the rest of the team. Having cav superiority can change a losing round into a winning one.

I agree. I would probably not go 1 vs. 1 though, maybe if I was a tad bored, or if it was possible to ambush one with a couch around a house corner. If the other cav was engaging enemy cav, I would of course help out. 2 cav vs. 1 cav should secure that one couch the horse/rider, which would help your team a lot. I've always aimed for cav when being crossbowman and archer too, because I believe they're the class that really can turn a game on its head.

Btw this is all as a lancer cav, what is your horse char Gurnni? 1h cav were much more badly hit by hit, practically unplayable from what I heard.

I have both at a decent level (24 and 26 I think), but I only played lancer yesterday. I have no idea how the 1H cav had it when the nerf first was introduced, but I don't doubt it. 1H cav relies more on good maneuver and stop - start playing than lancers.
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #271 on: September 17, 2011, 03:43:38 pm »
I saw a couple of 1h cav doing ok with the first nerf. But the majority were suffering.

From an HA perspective the first nerf was an arse because the slow speed/necessary low armour meant you could be easily 1 shotted by longbows and xbows off your horse. With all the hilly maps it was a very frequent occurrence.

Now they buffed it back up it's much better again.

Again, I still think nerfing horses is not the way to go with cavalry. You can screw over 1 cav class yet another will be fine and will handle it well.

It needs a different approach if it's to be done at all. Targeting individual classes is probably the way to go, rather than a sweeping horse nerf.

It's just a matter of how to do it.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:48:35 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Assarhaddon

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Not with knowledge nor skill, but pure luck baby!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 17, 2011, 03:50:46 pm »
*never mind*
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 03:53:39 pm by Assarhaddon »

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #273 on: September 17, 2011, 03:51:01 pm »
+3
Well they could maybe nerf lances with the WSE, get rid of that bullshit when the lancers horse is moving 2mph and his lance hits something at the START of the thrust animation and does full damage. 

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 17, 2011, 03:52:33 pm »
Well they could maybe nerf lances with the WSE, get rid of that bullshit when the lancers horse is moving 2mph and his lance hits something at the START of the thrust animation and does full damage.

Possibly. I thought one of the advantages of WSE was being able to change the lance angle to something in between the 90 degree and couch lance angle. If you changed it to something in between, and maybe fixed some of the odder aspects of lance damage. Then it might be a fair change.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #275 on: September 17, 2011, 09:33:54 pm »
Possibly. I thought one of the advantages of WSE was being able to change the lance angle to something in between the 90 degree and couch lance angle. If you changed it to something in between, and maybe fixed some of the odder aspects of lance damage. Then it might be a fair change.

It certainly would force lancers to behave more like actual lancers.

When a lancer hits a wall or an obstacle he has fucked up and should need to switch to different weapon to fight in close or try to escape, but as it stands due to the way lances function, he can fight in close combat moving very slowly, thrusting, hitting something pont blank at the beginning of the lance thrust animation and do pretty much full damage.

That will also then give 1h + shield cav more importance in their role.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 17, 2011, 09:41:43 pm »
+1
It certainly would force lancers to behave more like actual lancers.

When a lancer hits a wall or an obstacle he has fucked up and should need to switch to different weapon to fight in close or try to escape, but as it stands due to the way lances function, he can fight in close combat moving very slowly, thrusting, hitting something pont blank at the beginning of the lance thrust animation and do pretty much full damage.

That will also then give 1h + shield cav more importance in their role.

Yeah and that's something that always annoys me. If I collide with a lancer, but they miss me and both our horses rear, if I can't draw and shoot and arrow into them faster than they can shove their lance in me, then I'll be dead in 1 hit even though they are at a stand still.

Edit:

If they increased the lance angle it would make lancers vs lancers more viable again as well. Right now such duels are usually a mess and a waste of time and not worth it.

I think it just needs some all round fixing. Just not the horses.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 09:45:43 pm by Overdriven »

Offline BlueKnight

• Marshall
  • Renown: 983
  • Infamy: 200
  • If you run, you will only die tired...
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
« Reply #277 on: September 25, 2011, 12:37:29 am »
+1 only for the "Edit" part  :wink:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Skyrim UI