Author Topic: Artistic talents - win a loom point!  (Read 4761 times)

Offline Thomek

• El Director
  • OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 481
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Guide Wiki
  • Faction: Ninja_
  • Game nicks: Ninja_Thomek
Re: Artistic talents - win a loom point!
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2011, 03:33:26 pm »
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/486399/GEOCAL_Release03.zip

I worked a bit further on it.

The graphical map:
* The graphical map is now better looking than ever imo (more colour and tone variation) , and has a bit different representation of hills. (stripes now)
* I also fixed a missing cliff.

The GeoMap
* Fixed the missing cliff
* Repaired all the "Pixel traps" I could find in regards to blocked areas. (Coast and hills, with only 1 direction out)
* Repaired Trapped in areas. Around cliffs by the sea and map edge, there are no longer risk of spawning inside an unreachable area. Blocked them off with solid black in the geomap.

The whole map should now be safe to spawn in. (As you should not be trapped, unless u spawn on an island.. Dunno what chadz plans to do with those. Should I block them off with black on the geomap?) There also should be always at least 2 adherent directions out from any blocked off type pixel.

There may still be slightly off pixels here and there, but since you can move, I don't know if players will notice it. Especially since there is a colour in the png I haven't identified! 11 is too few colours, looks good at 13. Where and what is the 12th colour?

I still chose to leave the "Desert Forest" areas vaguely represented by palm trees. Do we need accurate representation of this? Is that even a map type? If it is not  a map type, I suggest we clear out the whole desert with yellow, and leave the palm trees on the graphical map for prettyness.

Now where is my loompoint? xD
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 03:36:50 pm by Thomek »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

That Thomeck-delay-kicking bussiness is like that asshole-retard dude that fucks your sister sometimes.

Offline The_Angle

• Baron
  • Renown: 91
  • Infamy: 56
  • cRPG Player
  • Qaddaffi 4 eva
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2011, 04:58:13 pm »
Don't give him the loom point. Lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

In the land of rape and honey, you prey.

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2011, 09:39:58 pm »
The loom point is a lie!

(click to show/hide)
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia