Poll

Is ranged ruining your fun?

Yes
No
I play as ranged

Author Topic: Is ranged ruining your fun? (poll)  (Read 5779 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Is ranged ruining your fun? (poll)
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2011, 10:37:51 pm »
Since my gaming rig crashed and I may never be able to get it fixed and come back to this game:  I say give all the whiners what they want; Go ahead and remove ranged, take away ladders, roofs, anything that makes it different and fun. Fuck the game up, make it boring as hell. Screw it, I won't be back anyway. The crybabies shall inherit the earth, right?

This makes me sad...  :cry:
Still computer problems and now likely not coming back?  :(
Sorry to see one of the best crossbowmen vanish, gonna miss you on TeamSpeak.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline ShinySpoons

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: RS
  • Game nicks: AltOfSpoons
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2011, 10:52:29 pm »
2h is easier to grasp the basics of so then one can rack up kills. I dunno the most recent stats but I'd expect most deaths are still caused by 2handers.

Archery...is just far more variable. Yes, of course it is possible to top scoreboards as an archer but its far more dependant on map, team mates, and ones build than a 2hander is. So in that regard, being a consistently good archer is more difficult than a 2hander. (good in this case is defined by # of kills)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2011, 08:03:24 am »
Gorath, don't do that.
This is what gurnisson said :

And I'm with him about 1h cav and HA. Foot archery on the other hand...

1h cav is not harder.  Engage/disengage at will.  Free kickslash (once it gets fixed) via bumpslash, only sacrifice it makes is maybe IF.  MAYBE.  I'm going cav on this gen as well (1h/2h/pole hybrid, 100/100/103) and it's definately not harder in any style.  Of course, just like his statement, this is all opinion as that's all these threads/comments can ever be.

HA is still by far the bloody easiest and most gay playstyle there is.  Engage/disengage at will, free kickSHOOT or just kick till dead on shielders since you'll just shoot them in the head if they drop the shield to attack you while you bump them, AND goddamned ranged damage.  Even if HA dealt 0 damage ever on anything it'd still be the easiest PLAYSTYLE ever.  Not effective, but bloody goddamned easier than anything.  Mobile artillery vs melee fighters.  Gee, that sounds real hard.   :rolleyes:

This isn't about what's effective, it's about what's easy.  Point and click while being vunerable to only ranged (unless you fuck up somewhere) is easier than manual blocking, chambering, footwork, etc while being vunerable to everything.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2011, 01:32:00 pm »
I am always amazed by your ability to make everything sound like a personal opinion, Gorath. And equally so by your inability to make unbiased posts.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.