Author Topic: One-handers became too fast => Overpowered.  (Read 8823 times)

Offline JOPOTINTTI

• Noble
  • Renown: 11
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: One-handers became too fast => Overpowered.
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2011, 06:31:37 pm »
Darn, i seem to be outdated, some say 1h is Op some dont, i think i must get a full 1h char, once again. wich i had prepatch (level 28) :)

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2011, 06:32:43 pm »
As it is, all the crush through weapons except the long maul are kind of broken. At least the long maul is slow as hell. If this game is going to include a mechanic that takes away control from other players, there should be serious drawbacks to its use. Being unbalanced and slightly slow isn't much of a drawback.

Yeah, as it is, you just need to block once with the great maul, then you can overhead spam and stunlock anyone until they die.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Centurion

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2011, 06:33:35 pm »
Exactly spoon there needs to be more consequences for someone using great mauls and the like.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2011, 06:39:30 pm »
Yeah, as it is, you just need to block once with the great maul, then you can overhead spam and stunlock anyone until they die.

Meh, I don't really have a problem with the long maul 'cause it's so slow. I just wait for them to miss, run in, stab them a couple times and run out. They miss again, and repeat.

The problem with other crush through weapons is that they're so damn fast and their sweet spot is the exact range I need to be in to hurt them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2011, 06:42:07 pm »
Meh, I don't really have a problem with the long maul 'cause it's so slow. I just wait for them to miss, run in, stab them a couple times and run out. They miss again, and repeat.

The problem with other crush through weapons is that they're so damn fast and their sweet spot is the exact range I need to be in to hurt them.

Not long maul, great maul. Long maul's OK.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2011, 06:44:51 pm »
Not long maul, great maul. Long maul's OK.

These weapons need to have more descriptive names. It's so easy to get confused.  :mrgreen:

Offline Centurion

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2011, 06:50:31 pm »
Oh yeah definite spammer weapons.

Jon Lost Legion sign up in faction hall today.

Offline Dexxtaa

• King
  • Renown: 1268
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remnant_Dexxtaa
« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2011, 02:12:38 am »
Absolutely agree with your overall point, both sides.
You know me and have played against/beside both my 1her and 2her characters so I know you won't assume there's some lack of ability with manual blocking or other such nonsense so I have to ask you Dexxt:  While the huscarl is in fact pretty much nigh unbreakable and obviously in no need of any buff whatsoever, what do you think about a speed boost to the smaller, less durable shields such as the heaters/kite shields to balance shields out a bit internally?

I know you've seen me rocking out with the small heater shields before, and know from first hand experience that they break rather quickly (but I refuse to be another huscarler).

A speed boost to the smaller shields seem a little redundant. From what I can tell of my experience fighting shielders, it's already a "I hit-you hit" dynamic with those shields. I don't see any reason for increasing the speed of the shielders, any faster and they'll be almost capable of out-spamming me (and with my build, they really shouldn't).

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2011, 07:37:31 am »
A speed boost to the smaller shields seem a little redundant. From what I can tell of my experience fighting shielders, it's already a "I hit-you hit" dynamic with those shields. I don't see any reason for increasing the speed of the shielders, any faster and they'll be almost capable of out-spamming me (and with my build, they really shouldn't).

Well the speed on the shields wouldn't increase their actual attack speed, just the responsive speed of the shield.  IE:  A 1her without the shield is X speed.  When using the shield it suffers from a speed malus due to raising and lowering the shield (affecting counterattack speed, feinting, etc).  Increasing the shield speed would simply lean this more in the direction of the unshielded 1her responsiveness.

Currently there is no reason to use anything but the huscarl except for personal taste and style.  In every area, the huscarl is the hands down best shield overall (Coverage, speed, durability.)
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2011, 10:14:03 pm »
Now that I am playing with a shield I do wish some of the non-huscarl stuff had a slight boost just so there'd be more variety in shield use

I use board over huscarl purely for style the round shields hang higher (I.e protect your face when not aiming up) And you rarely if ever swing around a huscarl like u can with all the non-huscarl shields
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!