Author Topic: The Catapult gameplay dilemma  (Read 3236 times)

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: The Catapult gameplay dilemma
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 02:49:31 am »
Here's a solution, why not make an item(similar to con materail) that's throwable to REPAIR wall damage? Make it cost like....5k a thing. Cata has unlimited ammo, you just need to keep repairing long enough to force timer out, or make attackers use ladders or focus fire.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Dehitay

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 48
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 02:52:50 am »
What happens if the attacker makes a brickstacker and attacks the wall? Can he make the wall fly high above in the sky? That would be hillarious. Also what does a brickstacker look like? Does it shit bricks?
That would indeed be a hilarious bug if there wasn't a max height (z value?) set for the walls. Who needs gates? "Open the Wall!"

If I was doing the aesthetic design, I would just make it look like a scaffold on wheels with bricks stacked on it. But since that would require somebody to do a 3D design, maybe there's something else that already exists in the game and looks like something that could be used to stack bricks

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2011, 01:39:00 am »
Just make catapults self damage with each shot.  That will effectively set an ammo limit since the catapult will fall apart after a certain number of shots - 10 perhaps?

It is probably also the smallest possible amount of coding to help solve the problem.

I don't agree with any sort of wall repairing as that will just drag sieges out even more

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2011, 02:29:51 am »
Clever defenders could charge the catapult with a light cav force (not doable on all maps).

But yes catapult shots definetly have to be somehow limited. Revamping the cities and castles to make them harder to attack would be good too (2 or 3 walls) but we lack map designers willing do to this.

Offline Gawin

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • My pic ^^
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Gawin, Fallen_SantaRudloph, PR_Red_Ranger the leader of the power rangers
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2011, 02:56:49 am »
+1
Is this because Fallen is ONE OF the only clans who know how to use catapults? First you nerf the shit out of our archers now you want to break our brand new toys? Sad Gawin  :(
« Last Edit: September 09, 2011, 02:57:50 am by Gawin »