Author Topic: Retirement for casual players  (Read 1774 times)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
Re: Retirement for casual players
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2011, 06:20:20 pm »
However say in a couple of months I get to level 33 or so and start owning every one just cuz of my level, and feel the want to retire? tough luck to me all that exp is for naught.

I would not say having 2-3 lvls advantage over the majority of people is that big deal, before this system of retirements and levels, you could be lvl 40 or something in much shorter time than lvl 31 now (or 32, dunno the numbers pre patch). Back then it made difference, and now, one or two attribute/skill points doesnt make that big difference id say.

Anyways, back on topic. This could really lead to preparing to have a high lvl char farming xp for the next gen to be competitive from day 1, minute 1. Being "constantly" on high lvl, dont know for you, but for me this would be boring, time from time the one afternoon as a peasant is quite refreshing :)

And i feel you with RL getting too demanding, been there, done that, spent over 6 months abroad on business trip without having any useable gaming HW near to me, man, that was hell :D

For 50 percents i would say is too much, imagine i would ding 32 and retire, which would grant me lvl 31...

Offline AssPunisher

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Retirement for casual players
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2011, 12:46:56 pm »
Obviously for some of us reaching level 31 is not just a matter of days or few weeks. It takes a hell of a lot of time to get there and it feels like a huge accomplishment once we do. Now, that kid in us also wants a chance to have that small, barely significant modifier on his toy. In return being doomed to mid levels for almost eternity is a bit too harsh. Cmon just look at us...

(click to show/hide)