Poll

Do you like that fact that defenders hardly ever win?

Yeah.
7 (23.3%)
No.
12 (40%)
I like Lion King.  PS. Nerf 2h swing speed!
11 (36.7%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Something needs to be done about siege servers balance  (Read 982 times)

Offline Ozwan

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Something needs to be done about siege servers balance
« on: January 23, 2011, 02:52:09 am »
Pretty much on all of the native maps its a default attackers win. Its caused by many factors, including massive ladder spamming, high compared to native running speed, higher damage output, half of the time spawning in a mob of attackers and getting instagibbed etc. I'm not aware of how the exact autobalance formula currently looks like but it seems to me that the autobalance right now it goes down to either you do poorly and get balanced out of the defending team to weaken the attackers or you do top the scoreboard and get stuck in the losing team (mind the balance by banners). In short, it doesnt really balance anything, just gives the mediocre players  a lot more multipliers.
Right now defenders win only when the attacking team are complete, unorganized suckers.

PS. Oh, almost forgot. If you vote for 'Lion King' 'No' you are entitled to the bonus in the spoiler.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 03:26:15 am by Ozwan »
In real life, when people insult me (and it happens very rare, cos I am a big guy), I often punch them in the face.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Something needs to be done about siege servers balance
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2011, 03:06:08 am »
I thought we agreed to keep this footage of me private!

I've made a siege map called Khirin Castle, which was actually hard to attack at first. I had to make it much easier, because attackers don't understand, that, if they attack in a coordinated group, defenders stand no chance. It seems the general idea is that if attackers just attack in a random fashion, they should be able to win. This is wrong, IMO, but what can you do? Each time the map came on in it's original, hard to conquer version, the "skip map NAO" chat flood started.

With the multiplier based on team win/loss, I can almost understand the whine, though.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Wiegraf_BRD

• Noble
  • Renown: 22
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
  • 我行我素
    • View Profile
    • 土豆網 > Google
  • Faction: Taiwanese and Chinese Army
  • Game nicks: Wretch. The_Mayor.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2011, 03:11:18 am »
I think maybe sometimes, if defenders had a faster respawn rate of 15-20 seconds it would be a little more fair. half a minute seems too long for the amount of people playing
My response:  diet bro ur fat

Offline Punked

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 03:17:16 am »
I think maybe sometimes, if defenders had a faster respawn rate of 15-20 seconds it would be a little more fair. half a minute seems too long for the amount of people playing

Yeah, 30 secs seems way to long if you are defender, If it was lowered to 15-20 secs that would work :)

Offline panderson

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The White Company
  • Game nicks: Pandersonsonsonsonson_WCo
  • IRC nick: Panderson
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 04:02:11 am »
It all depends on the map.  There are several maps that are drastically skewed towards the defenders.  Some are relatively balanced and split often.  Many favor the attackers.

To just change the respawn time across the board would probably just skew the maps towards defenders in general.  Each map should have its own defender respawn time based on how it's laid out.

Offline Trout4711

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: Too many. Fucking Alt-titis
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 10:04:05 am »
Pretty much on all of the native maps its a default attackers win. Its caused by many factors, including massive ladder spamming, high compared to native running speed, higher damage output, half of the time spawning in a mob of attackers and getting instagibbed etc. I'm not aware of how the exact autobalance formula currently looks like but it seems to me that the autobalance right now it goes down to either you do poorly and get balanced out of the defending team to weaken the attackers or you do top the scoreboard and get stuck in the losing team (mind the balance by banners). In short, it doesnt really balance anything, just gives the mediocre players  a lot more multipliers.
Right now defenders win only when the attacking team are complete, unorganized suckers.

PS. Oh, almost forgot. If you vote for 'Lion King' 'No' you are entitled to the bonus in the spoiler.

(click to show/hide)

Play on siege servers with lower max population. That evens the playingfield. The really big battles give the advantage to the attackers.

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 10:06:53 am »
Why nerf 2h swing speed?
1h is still very fast, deals great damage and dont forget : 1H CAN USE A SHIELD