Author Topic: Who should get banned?  (Read 695 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1270
  • Infamy: 1656
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Who should get banned?
« on: August 25, 2011, 05:03:26 pm »
I'll let ss do some talking.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/leshma/screenshot/560917820999009565?tab=public (last 3 shots)

Long story short, joined server and since I'm now an archer went to do some archery stuff (shooting from roofs).

This kid or midly retarded adult was there disturbing fellow archers. I kicked him (I know it hurts since he has no armor) and then he slashed me (didn't hurt much). I don't have SS of that, then he did same with some other archer who tried to shoot him and finally after some attemps to talk with the fellow kicked him as a warning to start playing properly without disturbing others. After kick I ran (I had a feeling that he'll try to slash me again and I wanted to avoid that) but he kept following me just to slash me again.

I know I did bad thing for kicking the fellow but he used melee weapon against me. I wouldn't mind if he kicked me back.

He must be new and I don't really like new people, who are slow and obviously don't know how to communicate with others. Do as you wish,

Personally I would like this fellow banned for some time, not because he did something terribly wrong but because he's clearly an idiot and I hate dumb people. When I was new I never did such stuff not because I knew it was forbidden by rules, I didn't do it because I'm not a complete moron like most new guys who come to this mod.

I don't want dumb people to spoil my fun, so I made this thread  :)

Just don't tell me that I should be example to new players and such things, because I really don't give a damn about new and stupid people.

IGN of the fellow in question: dogukan
Mine is listed bellow profile pic.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 110
  • Infamy: 1229
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
Re: Who should get banned?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 05:09:11 pm »
Also I would like to ask for some guidance:

- Is kicking/slapping bannable offense? (not talking about kicking archers and xbowmen or people who are fighting)
- Is slashing randomly like an idiot while running from spawn bannable offense? (I really hate those people who actually release the attack button...)
- Is disturbing others but not teamattacking them bannable offense?
- Is purposely running over a person who's running in straight line bannable offense? (I'm talking about stupid horseman who HAVE ROOM to AVOID but DO NOT WANT TO)

I would like to see more strict admins even if it would make me banned.

Offline Tennenoth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 818
  • Infamy: 85
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "Bloody peasant archers!"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild (Head)
  • Game nicks: Guard_Tenne; Guard_The_Biscuits; Guard_Bugden; Guard_Tennenuff
  • IRC nick: Tennenoth
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 08:29:16 pm »
Here's a list of rules: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2606.0.html

And with regards to asking for a ban, I have reservations about banning the offender. After checking the player list of this guy, he has no other characters, he is level 20, generation one, that points me towards him being a brand new player to cRPG.

As much as I believe that for intentional harrassment & teamwounding should lead to punishment, due to the fact that he is new to the community, I don't believe he would know about the forums or have any idea as to why he was banned. Therefore the message wouldn't get across, what I will do however is get in contacted with him so that he is much more likely to understand what he has done wrong.

There will be no ban from me but I will look out for him on the servers and make sure he knows what he is doing wrong.

I hope I have explained why I am doing this as best I could and that you understand why a ban wouldn't do much to warn him off from repeat offences.

Tenne.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 08:36:56 pm by Tennenoth »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

BullDog Clan member since 31/08/2010 / Caravan Guild member since 03/08/2010

How to understand what I say.
Always finish your tea and biscuits regardless of how terrible they are

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 1048
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 10:29:58 pm »
Well banning him would probably mean permaban in the true sense of that word since I doubt he speaks english.

That is kinda lame of me but I really don't care much about new people who aren't able to communicate with majority, as i pointed out twice.

Prolly makes me a douche but in my game time i do want to play, have some chat and maybe troll a little while chatting. Have no time for kids and people who aren't able to think and act properly.

I have no problem with the fact that you don't want to ban this fella it's just that only issues (besides recent lulz ban I got) I have while playing c-rpg are new players without half a brain, who aren't capable to figure out the usual rules on their own.

Also thank you Tenne for being the only admin who was willing to read this wall of text of mine and to answer me :)

Offline Bjord

• Amateur heretic
  • King
  • Renown: 1328
  • Infamy: 1109
  • salty turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 10:57:58 pm »
Why not just ignore him and move on with your (c-rpg) life?

Chances are you won't see him again, and if you do chances are even lower he will harass you/anyone.
When you stare into the abyss, the abyss stares back.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 100
  • Infamy: 2523
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 11:17:49 pm »
That's a pretty good tactics you got there, exactly what I did for past 9 months.

Then some idiot similar to the guy I mentioned in this tread kept teamwounding me for a week or two, most of the time on spawn. Has some stupid name don't even remember it. Thing is when I asked him why he was doing that he never respond (asked him in english of course).

From now on whenever someone tk me like that I'll take a ss and post it here. Maybe I overreacted in this situation since he didn't actually Tk me, but today is 42 degrees here where I am and I was on sun for 2 hours, so at that moment I was a little bit more nervious than usual.

From now on spawn I'll take a SS, then other one if I get Tked, teamwounded repeatedly (by the same players) and post it here. Don't have time for bullshit anymore.

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 11:21:17 pm »
Well spoken spock.
He'll learn the ways of crpg.
If you ever run into him again make sure to reference this thread and let us now.
For now i would rather not ban.