Author Topic: 1 Hand Heavy Cav?  (Read 2563 times)

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
Re: 1 Hand Heavy Cav?
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2011, 09:22:30 pm »
Besides the fact you have to grind for gold 4/5 rounds with equipment other than the equipment you actually want to use, 1h/shield heavy cav is a very fun and good playstyle.
This is a build I have had in mind for some weeks now.

Level 35 1H/shield heavy cavarly

21/18 70hp
7if
7ps
6sh
6at
6ri
6wm
wpf   50 polearm (you can play with light horse, light armour and heavy lance with pretty good efficiency with only 50wpf)
wpf  157 one hand

- If you play on foot without a shield you can use the long espada eslavona which is really good for dueling.

- Using 1H (arabian cavalry sword is the best) with courser and arabian warhorse is pretty nice too.

I would say dont bother putting the points in polearm at all, it doesnt serve any purpose.

The purpose it serves is that it prevents the heavy lance from breaking almost EVERY ROUND.
It is also a big difference between 0 and 50 WPF. Not really much difference between ~141 and 148 onehanded, and even less if you get more WM.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:42:17 pm by Riddaren »

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Renown: 143
  • Infamy: 40
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Horris
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2011, 09:38:45 pm »
+1
Besides the fact you have to grind for gold 4/5 rounds with equipment other than the equipment you actually want to use, 1h/shield heavy cav is a very fun and good playstyle.
This is a build I have had in mind for some weeks now.

Level 35 1H/shield heavy cavarly

21/18 70hp
7if
7ps
6sh
6at
6ri
6wm
wpf   50 polearm (you can play with light horse, light armour and heavy lance with pretty good efficiency with only 50wpf)
wpf  157 one hand

- If you play on foot without a shield you can use the long espada eslavona which is really good for dueling.
Some people may be surprised when they see it has the highest thrusting damage of all 1H/2H weapons in the game.

- Using 1H (arabian cavalry sword is the best) with courser and arabian warhorse is pretty nice too.

The purpose it serves is that it prevents the heavy lance from breaking almost EVERY ROUND.
It is also a bif difference between 0 and 50 WPF.
the normal espada eslavona has a better thrust :wink: but sucks
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Glyph you have obsessive Horse Archer and Horse hatred.
- Official diagnosis :)

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2011, 10:28:07 pm »
+1
The purpose it serves is that it prevents the heavy lance from breaking almost EVERY ROUND

Heavy cav dont need lances and infact do better with 1H.  You dont need a lance to run people over and its alot easier to hit people when running them over with a 1H weapon.  lance is just a distraction that interferes with the role of of heavy support
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 10:29:16 pm by Digglez »

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2011, 10:41:45 pm »
Heavy cav dont need lances and infact do better with 1H.  You dont need a lance to run people over and its alot easier to hit people when running them over with a 1H weapon.  lance is just a distraction that interferes with the role of of heavy support

I agree.

Just meant it's a not a total waste to get 50wpf in polearm as it is cheap and really makes a difference compared to 0.
Can be nice to be able to get some variation and go light lance cav from time to time. But yeah, don't get it too lance from a heavy horse. That is a waste.

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2011, 09:47:43 am »
I agree.

Just meant it's a not a total waste to get 50wpf in polearm as it is cheap and really makes a difference compared to 0.
Can be nice to be able to get some variation and go light lance cav from time to time. But yeah, don't get it too lance from a heavy horse. That is a waste.
and, 1handed cav is a better way to rage people by bumpslashing them!

Offline Aymeric

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, 01:39:29 pm »
ok, so i m reading a lot about cav, lance no lance, 1hand cav and so on...
i am playing a cav main and every time i hit lvl 25 i respec down to 21 so i don t pay upkeep...
i play 15 / 15 and i am full plate but i wnat to buy a horse with 5 riding.

right now i am full polearm ( around 140 ) but for my next respec i am thinking of 1hand shield , but i m not sure that with 5 ps i will be able to kill anything....
right now my ratio is around 1-1 ( k/d ) and i m not a very good player...average i would say....
Could you pls help me with a build on lvl 21 and its possible evolution up to lvl 25 and give me some advice on choices between polearms / 1 hand, etc... AT THIS LVL WITH MY PS and RIDING LIMITATION ( i dont really mind about ATH as i have to make choices and I KNOW I AM A DEAD MAN AS SOON AS I HIT THE GROUND ) - which in a rp point of view is quite realistic is you think about heavy knights in medieval times...-

tks in advance!!!! ( forgot to say, most of my kills are with couching right now... with heavy lance )

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2011, 02:02:58 pm »
heh, i tried 1h cav with 0 prof (with my mace) it was too slow so i switched to 2h (also mace, no shield). The speed and damage loss was only noticeable to me in that i had to hit people several times at full speed to kill.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2011, 02:18:36 pm »
ok, so i m reading a lot about cav, lance no lance, 1hand cav and so on...
i am playing a cav main and every time i hit lvl 25 i respec down to 21 so i don t pay upkeep...
i play 15 / 15 and i am full plate but i wnat to buy a horse with 5 riding.

right now i am full polearm ( around 140 ) but for my next respec i am thinking of 1hand shield , but i m not sure that with 5 ps i will be able to kill anything....
right now my ratio is around 1-1 ( k/d ) and i m not a very good player...average i would say....
Could you pls help me with a build on lvl 21 and its possible evolution up to lvl 25 and give me some advice on choices between polearms / 1 hand, etc... AT THIS LVL WITH MY PS and RIDING LIMITATION ( i dont really mind about ATH as i have to make choices and I KNOW I AM A DEAD MAN AS SOON AS I HIT THE GROUND ) - which in a rp point of view is quite realistic is you think about heavy knights in medieval times...-

tks in advance!!!! ( forgot to say, most of my kills are with couching right now... with heavy lance )
Level 21 (762 569 xp)

Strength: 13
Agility: 15
Hit points: 48
Skills to attributes: 4
Ironflesh: 0
Power Strike: 4
Shield: 4
Athletics: 0
Riding: 5
Horse Archery: 0
Power Draw: 0
Power Throw: 0
Weapon Master: 5
One Handed: 137
Two Handed: 1
Polearm: 1
Archery: 1
Crossbow: 1
Throwing: 1
try this, it wont do a shitload of damage, but if you take the arab cav sword, then you can kill enough to have fun. take best armor you can wear, plate covered round shield, sick helmet, charger and you're good to go as an uber cool heavy cavalry, you can also take a pick and axe if you want to(and have money left) axe for shieldbreaking and pick for heavy armored guys.

i updated it because of the requirment for the arab cav sword! look at the B letters!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 02:24:14 pm by Berethorn »

Offline Aymeric

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2011, 04:11:43 pm »
tks a lot for your advice, but i d like a 15 stregnth one... because i already have bought my whole armure with a 15 dificulty lol...

i need 15 str, 15 agi ( for 5 riding ) and i dont know if i will be able to get my shield up to 4 with all that requisites.... if i cant: i don t see anybody with a 2 hander on horse, why is that? and does it use the 1h wpf or the 2h wpf if im on horse?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 04:13:57 pm by Aymeric »

Offline Glyph

• Baron
  • Turbulence incoming
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2011, 05:50:18 pm »
tks a lot for your advice, but i d like a 15 stregnth one... because i already have bought my whole armure with a 15 dificulty lol...

i need 15 str, 15 agi ( for 5 riding ) and i dont know if i will be able to get my shield up to 4 with all that requisites.... if i cant: i don t see anybody with a 2 hander on horse, why is that? and does it use the 1h wpf or the 2h wpf if im on horse?
trust me, with 15/15, you wont have enough points to make your build effective to kill and survive, and with 13 str you can't take plate, but a coat of plates is possible.