• Renown: 113
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Aristeia, Panoply, Pistachio
Re: Racism
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2011, 09:48:45 pm »
+4
Racism sucks and deserves to be met with ostracism. However, from a legal point of view, I don't like hate speech laws, and feel that law enforcement should have nothing to do with censoring racist people. I believe that doing so implies that the concepts of tolerance and acceptance cannot stand on their own in the marketplace of ideas against racism and bigotry without the force of government and justice system to rectify the imbalance. This is not the case, and racism should be met with social consequences, not legal ones.

All this said, as an admin of official NA servers, I'm not here to uphold the Constitution, I'm here to try and maintain a fun environment in which we can all enjoy playing Warband and the c-rpg mod, so excessive racism and bigotry will be punished.

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #91 on: August 10, 2011, 09:51:47 pm »
Hahaha! That is so funny!  :D

it is, isnt it. called authenticity I believe.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Xant

• Finnish Pony
  • King
  • Renown: 1552
  • Infamy: 803
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 10, 2011, 09:52:55 pm »
it is, isnt it. called authenticity I believe.

I believe that's also the name.... of your MOTHER.
Meaning lies as much
in the mind of the reader
as in the Haiku.

Offline Nihtgenga

• Knight
  • Renown: 77
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fenris
  • Game nicks: Eldest
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2011, 09:53:45 pm »
I believe that's also the name.... of your MOTHER.

you set the "..." all wrong there
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Elindor

• King
  • Renown: 1178
  • Infamy: 158
  • Caelitus mihi vires
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of the Holy Guard
  • Game nicks: Elindor
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2011, 09:57:36 pm »
+1
I take the blame for all of this, me and my friend are sorry. We were running around with the KKK tag on as a joke. We are truly sorry if we offended anyone and would like to get unbanned from the LLJK server. Only me and my friend were involved, the other people who used the black man tag or whatever it was used it to play along, they should not get in trouble for any of this. I am apologizing sincerely and am promising this will never happen again. We just saw the helmet in the armor section and thought it looked like a KKK item, so we were off. We know we conducted ourselves in a immature way and will never do this again, we are not racist. We know we offended some people and are truly sorry. Not that it helps, but the name was KKK_SandNergo (not SandN****r). The KKK was an evil and wrong clan of racists which should not have done what they did. Everyone deserves equal rights and a good life. Sorry again.

did everyone miss this?  everyone keeps posting and no one has mentioned this lolz
Elindor, Archon of the Holy Guard
Holy Guard Thread :HERE
Banner Shop : HERE // Map Thread : HERE

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2011, 10:26:06 pm »
did everyone miss this?  everyone keeps posting and no one has mentioned this lolz

I ignored it since the LLJK texas battle server is different from the Official servers, so I skipped over it once I read it. It was also substantially smaller before the edit.

If it was an unban request in the unban forum I probably would have read the whole thing  :P
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline moralshadow

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 10, 2011, 10:40:29 pm »
+3
 This got out of hand, too fast. I was bored so I figured "Hey, let's check out that thread", 7 pages even though they apologized and the admins stated the rules? At which point will people realize I was not personally offended? I just know how it feels to be sensitive to a certain subject, everyone does.

While I am not prejudice against racism, as there is always an explanation, I am prejudice against the people who are not themselves racist but throw coal in the fire to keep it going. I am a white man, in no way have I been bothered by racism, except I've seen others extremely hurt who were friends.

Who would come up and announce they were hurt in-game? To be told a million times to get over it, stop "crying". Few people offer sympathy online now, just because you are behind a monitor and feel invincible, doesn't mean you should try to hurt someone through this medium.

Anyone who has gamed for 15 years or over knows the drastic change with the gaming community. Sites like 4chan sprang up, poisoned most of the populace. It used to be just the kids that caused issues, and littles ones at that, but now adults are child-like.

Is it low self esteem? That's personally what I think, you have to have pretty low esteem to constantly spout those memes which can offend others. Creativity is down the hole, players feel far too much pride for their ingame skill when mechanically it is not difficult, just takes time. This thread is proof that racism is propelled by community, look at everyone defending racist remarks, saying they'd like to see "more of it", because being different makes them feel special.

There is no gold star sticker for dicking around with the emotions of your peers. Go to therapy, boost your esteem, and then comeback with a better/relaxed attitude, but not so lax that you'll condone the neglect of emotions.

I'm requesting this thread be closed, as it's useless. The replies will be varied, but somewhat black and white, pun intended. Of course, overrun with the "wise" people who mindlessly follow the idea that they are mentally mature for being so advanced on racism. Words are just words, then how do they cause fights, murder, suicide? These guys are more like mental midgets, being an adult is the last thing on their mind.

You're going to force "philosophy" on a game, sitting behind a desk on a squeaky chair? Get over yourself, think about the common good. Instead of thinking "they're wrong", open your mind up and realize that they have reasons to be upset.  Look at all these posters who were over privileged and apparently never get mentally hurt.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • Infamy: 143
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 10, 2011, 10:42:02 pm »
While I am not prejudice against racism

this makes my brain creak
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #98 on: August 10, 2011, 10:42:42 pm »
Bottom left, click lock.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.