Author Topic: Performance issue.  (Read 2519 times)

Offline kursad

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Performance issue.
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 04:01:30 pm »
Edit: You don't need to find the optimus options, it's obvious you are running the game on your nvidia, if not it will not run.

That maybe true but you can run Warband on integrated graphics card.
"The boar can keep his tusks, and the bear his claws. There's nothing half so mortal as a grey goose feather."

Offline Hydro

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 04:29:55 pm »
Oh ok then, can you open Nvidia Control Panel and click 3d settings? There should be separate General Settings and Program Settings tabs there.
Yes there is. What should i do?

Offline Dioxete

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Den Bitre
  • Game nicks: Date
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 04:33:18 pm »
That maybe true but you can run Warband on integrated graphics card.
With minimun settings, warband will go like an ass, and with medium settings he said is playable, so it's on nvidia, beat for it

Offline Dioxete

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 04:37:17 pm »
You can add the exe of warband and put "run on dedicated graphics (nvidia graphics).
Or just put in global configuration that you want nvidia graphics, and all will go by the nvidia (the desktop still will go by the intel). But that option it's not recommended for the battery life. This system is pretty good for preserving the battery, will not use great graphic card if you don't need it, so the power supply don't gonna run over that fast.

As I said, in the moment you are running the game on your nvidia, you should try different configurations in the graphic options, and try what it's better for your computer. By the way, the last graphics on nvidia are not compatible with optimus system. You should download the graphics from your supplier page (asus in your case). This graphics will be old, but they will run better with your hybryd computer.

Offline kursad

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 04:40:26 pm »
With minimun settings, warband will go like an ass, and with medium settings he said is playable, so it's on nvidia, beat for it
Depending on what data? I ran Warband on a 256mb integrated cards and his have 1gb.

Ok, under program settings click add and find your warband.exe if it's not already on the menu. Then next to 2. choose the Nvidia Graphics Card option and try it.
"The boar can keep his tusks, and the bear his claws. There's nothing half so mortal as a grey goose feather."

Offline Arkonor

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Arkonor
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 04:44:45 pm »
Also make SURE you do NOT have "force single threading" on in the advanced options in the configuration options before you load the game.

What that does it make your computer only use one of the cores. Could explain all those problems if this option is ON.

Arkonor

Offline Hydro

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 04:54:39 pm »
Also make SURE you do NOT have "force single threading" on in the advanced options in the configuration options before you load the game.

What that does it make your computer only use one of the cores. Could explain all those problems if this option is ON.

Arkonor
I didn't have this flagged.

Offline Dioxete

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 01:27:11 am »
By the way, the last graphics on nvidia are not compatible with optimus system. You should download the graphics from your supplier page (asus in your case). This graphics will be old, but they will run better with your hybryd computer.

You should try this ^^.

Offline Hydro

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2011, 01:45:02 am »
You should try this ^^.
Thanks for your help.