Author Topic: Buff arrow velocity  (Read 3159 times)

Offline YnScN

• Count
  • Renown: 261
  • Infamy: 55
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: YnScN
Re: Buff arrow velocity
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2012, 09:59:45 pm »
I didnt know that you lose wpf for each PD. That makes no sense at all. What, i made some pushups and forget how to aim ?
I have started this game 4 weeks ago, I dont know what you did to that archers but lets face it, If you dont have an amazing desire to be an archer, you will figure out that melees run the show. PAM, you have no reeason to be an archer.
I have never seen an archer on the top of the list, i know melees dont have to pay that projectile repair for each round.
So, improve that archery somehow you can.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2012, 10:33:05 pm »
+2
I didnt know that you lose wpf for each PD. That makes no sense at all. What, i made some pushups and forget how to aim ?
I have started this game 4 weeks ago, I dont know what you did to that archers but lets face it, If you dont have an amazing desire to be an archer, you will figure out that melees run the show. PAM, you have no reeason to be an archer.
I have never seen an archer on the top of the list, i know melees dont have to pay that projectile repair for each round.
So, improve that archery somehow you can.
I agree that archery is kinda hard. But you have to think that you pretty much reach the top of your archery game after like ten hours of getting used to the drop and velocity and drawspeed. Most melees that you see running the show have practiced the art for hundreds of hours, melee is more effective in the end, but is harder in the beginning.

You as a new player, try archery and infantry I think archery would enable you to be more effective, there is just less room for improvement as an archer than as a melee player.

I agree that a seasoned melee player like myself is much less effective as an archer.

Still, even though in the end the archer has a little less power than the top melee, you still see a shitton of archers. No reasons to be an archer you say? Then don't, youre playing a game with an unique melee combat system, why the hell would you go shoot like in every other game? Archery is hugely popular, thats why it shouldnt be so powerful. A buff for archery will increase the archer numbers even more to gamebreaking levels. If there are more archers, they need to be less powerful, otherwise they break the ranged/melee/cav balance.

Although I have no idea why everyone likes archery so much, lets say almost all despised archery like me. In that case archery could be made twice as powerful without archery becoming overpowered.

Oh, and melee have plenty of repairs too, maybe you should consider not using the most expensive arrows and bows. The repairs on archers are probably also quite high due to the immense popularity of the class.

I have seen scoreboard topping archers, they are called Jambi. Dunno why but this guy seems to be twice as good as the second best archer. Maybe all you other archers should try harder to become as good as he is. Because you can be awfully powerful as an archer. Last time I've seen him play, he topped the boards for like 3 maps in a row. Also, archery is less kill focused than melee, you deal damage to lots of different players that get away before you can kill them, kills do not fully represent power.

tl;dr
Archery is easy to master, melee always has room for improvement. Individual archery should be weak, because popularity would otherwise break the ranged/cav/melee balance. Melee have repairs too. Jambi.

Offline Jambi

• Earl
  • Renown: 410
  • Infamy: 166
  • cRPG Player
  • Walks with God.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jambi
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 07:50:05 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Im sowwy

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 07:51:29 pm by Jambi »
Love will tear us apart.
Also, most fucked up brain of the year award goes to jambi. Well done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX9Cpuj4igk

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2012, 08:00:19 pm »

I have seen scoreboard topping archers, they are called Jambi. Dunno why but this guy seems to be twice as good as the second best archer. Maybe all you other archers should try harder to become as good as he is. Because you can be awfully powerful as an archer. Last time I've seen him play, he topped the boards for like 3 maps in a row. Also, archery is less kill focused than melee, you deal damage to lots of different players that get away before you can kill them, kills do not fully represent power.

Don't overestimate his skills ;)

He is a very good archer, but there are several archers out there who are as good as him  :rolleyes:

@YnScN:  There are several archers that can top the scoreboards or be among the upper 5. Just because you didn't see any, doesn't mean there are none^^

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2012, 08:27:20 am »
Don't overestimate his skills ;)

He is a very good archer, but there are several archers out there who are as good as him  :rolleyes:

@YnScN:  There are several archers that can top the scoreboards or be among the upper 5. Just because you didn't see any, doesn't mean there are none^^

+1 there are many good archers that i've seen.

P.S FIX THE LONGBOW ACCURACY WPF IS WAY TOO HIGH FOR IT RAWRRRRRRR I GOTTA BE LVL 34 TO USE IT PROPERLY WTF IS THIS SHIT OMG

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2012, 08:33:20 am »

P.S FIX THE LONGBOW ACCURACY WPF IS WAY TOO HIGH FOR IT RAWRRRRRRR I GOTTA BE LVL 34 TO USE IT PROPERLY WTF IS THIS SHIT OMG

I would prefer a very slight drawspeed buff :/   What do I care about accuracy with 174 wpf?   :lol:

Offline Adalwulf

• Count
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Adalwulf
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2012, 09:17:46 am »
I would prefer a very slight drawspeed buff :/   What do I care about accuracy with 174 wpf?   :lol:

accuracy is the most important for a longbow. I'd take accuracy over draw speed anytime.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2012, 09:26:01 am »
accuracy is the most important for a longbow. I'd take accuracy over draw speed anytime.

In my opinion the only accuracy problem with the longbow derives from the speed delay, means your reticule is smallest before your bow is fully drawn, thus making it fairly inaccurate :/

I know many people share the opinion about the delay. Maybe a slight speedbuff would also please your accuracy demand?^^

Offline Inkompetent

• Noble
  • Renown: 12
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Inkompetent, Ildov_Morekov, Fairhair_Sigurdr, MySushi_Inkomoto
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2012, 06:34:43 pm »
Also, archery is less kill focused than melee, you deal damage to lots of different players that get away before you can kill them, kills do not fully represent power.

People seem to always refuse thinking about this (I wouldn't call it forgetting. People just don't care, and look at that pointless K/D ratio instead).

An archer (or crossbowman) rarely gets to shoot the same target twice unless it is isolated and without close cover, or stubbornly stand to take another one in the face. People tend to start jinxing or run away the moment they realize *they* are under fire, and often one as ranged is forced to pick another target due to the previous one getting into a melee where it's impossible to get a clear shot (too many fighters, or too long distance).

Ranged generally wound many, but kill few. Not to mention that dehorsing cav is one of the biggest responsibilities of ranged, and that's not visible in stats either. Only the very best archers actually rack up any noticable number of kills.