Author Topic: So what the heck is Darkfall  (Read 4424 times)

Offline DrKronic

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
  • Arch Villain of cRPG
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I do what I want
Re: So what the heck is Darkfall
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2011, 05:38:12 am »
the funniest thing is I had never registered a forum account the entire time I played that game, I was doing some internet searches about darkfall(google searches on my smartphone) and one of the first things was a forum of with one guy(it was SA forums but I wouldn't hold it agianst all of them) lamenting about not having access to something called "Mavric's PVP Script", this is exactly what I was always wondering if that could be true there really were ways to bot you're entire fighting or at least a good deal of it, if it is true it's fucking sad
Greed is for amateurs...Chaos, Disorder, Anarchy now that's fun!

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2011, 05:46:54 am »
the funniest thing is I had never registered a forum account the entire time I played that game, I was doing some internet searches about darkfall(google searches on my smartphone) and one of the first things was a forum of with one guy(it was SA forums but I wouldn't hold it agianst all of them) lamenting about not having access to something called "Mavric's PVP Script", this is exactly what I was always wondering if that could be true there really were ways to bot you're entire fighting or at least a good deal of it, if it is true it's fucking sad

Yup, the macro'ing was 80% of DarkFail in the end.  Especially once magic became the de-facto PvP skillset.  At first it was aoe cycling, press 1 key and you would cycle your nukes + blinds.  Also weapon swapping whirlwind exploit (dunno if they ever fixed it) where instead of waiting for the cooldown each weapon type's whirlwind ability could be machine gunned right after each other for jousting hits as you ran past an opponent.  Then there was the buff to ray spells where you could macro it to launch all of your rays in one keypress to machinegun them into a target (prefferably CC'd) in order to burst them down insanely fast.

DarkFail:  Macro'ing skills > all
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline MountedRhader

• Count
  • Renown: 222
  • Infamy: 89
  • cRPG Player
  • Farewell, I am free
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2011, 06:02:45 am »
The game looks cool but I suppose it has to.. You know.. To reel you in.
All of the bad comments reminds me of when I first asked native players if cRPG was good. They said it was the worst thing they had ever played, and that it took no skill for a plate spamming tin can with a poleaxe to wipe out an entire team. I found this to be not true, and among other things, this is my favorite game+mod of all time (600+ hours cRPG). Thank you native players, for being such assholes against such a great mod.

Back on topic the game looks cool, but there is no way I'd ever pay for that.  :rolleyes:

Offline Z_E_N

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2011, 06:32:04 am »
I never had any beef with Darkfall myself.

Started in EU1 when it was just one server period (even though I'm an NA player), and played during the good days before things got crappy.  Never had any regrets.

Though going along with what Gorath said...

It's a shame that no MMO developer has the balls to copy and paste M&B style combat.

Seriously...they need to end this left click knife spam crap, and just rip off this game for an MMO.

Offline Banok

• Duke
  • Renown: 521
  • Infamy: 215
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2011, 10:34:50 am »
  Darkfall rewards people that do nothing but play it.  You will never rise above them so do not even bother trying to play Darkfall casually.
with the new attribute meditation which came out yesterday, and much faster skill ups. I dont think thats true at all anymore.

Offline Timothias

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2011, 03:05:15 pm »
Darkfall is one of those games that most people can't handle the hardcore nature of it.  So what happens is they get humiliated and get frustrated then they became lifetime haters. There is a 14 day trial and the game is gonna be re-released before the end of the year with plenty of upgrades.  If you enjoy hardcore ffa pvp and want a great rush check it out imo. Just my 2 cents.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2011, 03:53:58 pm »
So are the devs making an effort to improve this game?

I might just give it a try
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.