Poll

Do you get tired of video games?

Yes
31 (67.4%)
No
15 (32.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Do you ever get tired of games?  (Read 1850 times)

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
Do you ever get tired of games?
« on: June 05, 2011, 06:36:45 am »
Personally, I see games like many other things: food (in a non literal sense), t.v shows, books, etc. It's possible to get tired of these things. I believe that variety is the spice of life. Some people have the ability to eat the same thing every day for a year without getting tired of it, some just can't do that, these people HAVE to eat something else or face the consequences of complete insanity. Now, games can be seen the same way, i have friends who've only played Call of Duty Blackops for the past few months, and nothing else. I played that game for a day before I uninstalled it and cried myself to sleep for wasting $60.00.

Now, the reason I make this thread is because I want to know how many people have experienced the same problem as me. Now, I'm using cRPG as an example but It's really just a filler for anything. I've played cRPG since the month after public release. I've been in numerous clans and have lead two now; that's almost a year of playing. At this point I can only play the game a little bit every week before I get irritated/pissed off/agitated. I can't play the game anymore really, but I stay active within my clan, we play many things aside from cRPG yet some members have still decided to quit because a good majority of us don't play cRPG anymore. This is my best example of people who have the ability to do one thing for years and people who cannot.

Now to the point (highlighted for your convenience): Do you ever find yourself tired of games?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Tor!

• He's Tor!
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 739
  • Infamy: 62
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Tor
Re: Do you ever get tired of games?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 10:23:24 am »
Yep, right now I cant play any game. Its not quite as you say tough. I'm tired of a game like cRPG because the obvious reason, we all want strat. But, winter is also a time with alot of gaming, and when summer comes its just not tempting and I find myself doing other things instead of playing.  :rolleyes:
[00:53] <xant> i used to play on eu_1
[00:53] <xant> then i took an arrow to the knee

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 203
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Abdul_Rashid_PanBaba,Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 10:40:22 am »
well tbh,most companies nowadays make shit games...or fast sequels one after the other,just for the easy money...

like with fire and sword...

In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline Artyem

• King
  • Renown: 1218
  • Infamy: 264
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • SODOM Shaman
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Dracul / Raven / SODOMY
  • Game nicks: Artyem
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 12:10:20 pm »
I agree, making a sequel a year is an abused trend that leads to a game getting more and more shit-like every year. *cough* call of duty *cough*

Now, take a look at something like Battlefield, or ARMA. These games have long breaks in between games to put the best effort and detail into each game, and I've yet to play a battlefield game I didn't enjoy.

Now, I'm not saying that I hate cRPG in the OP, but I'm saying that I can't find the same level of entertainment it use to have. I remember when we all had one server to play on, and we had to wait 30 minutes for reset that gave us our items and stats. It took days to weeks to earn things instead of minutes to hours.

Sordida asinum latronibus sumus

Offline Mtemtko

• Count
  • Renown: 168
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Merc
  • Game nicks: Merc_Mtemtko
  • IRC nick: Mtemtko
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 03:02:21 pm »
I rarely get tired of games, if I do I read books about WW2  :lol:.. but  when I get tired of c-rpg/WOT I go play battlefield 2, I simply love sniping there.. alot more than BFBC2....

Offline Murmillus_Prime

• Earl
  • Renown: 424
  • Infamy: 181
  • cRPG Player
  • Dying is gay.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Murmillus_Prime
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2011, 05:14:10 pm »
Youtube is the last solution!
Dumbfuck.Fuckwit.Cuntshit.Brickfuck.

Offline Tzar

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 564
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Byzantium
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_TzarOfRushYa
  • IRC nick: TZAR
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2011, 10:39:22 pm »
Agree i spent a million hours listen to music and people gettin whacked in the nutsack on youtube
I've never played a server where people split up as much or as often as on EU1.  No wonder range is having a field day.

Offline hyena

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Sausage and Egg McMuffin
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hyena
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2011, 10:43:08 am »
I recently got back on the WoW heroin, I think sometimes you just need a break, even a few months before going back to something otherwise you just will end getting tired.

Offline MrExxc

• Knight
  • Renown: 31
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • Don't pronounce it "EKsKsSee", just "X"
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Basileia ton Romaion
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Exxc, Poussiere_Supreme
  • IRC nick: Exxc
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2011, 12:30:10 pm »
As long as their is challenge and surprise you'll probably never get bored. It's like a relationship, it has to be a daily surprise, in constant evolution, or it gets obsolete.

Offline Lord_Panos

• Turkish
  • Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 203
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Abdul_Rashid_PanBaba,Panos
  • IRC nick: Panos
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 05:47:04 pm »
As long as their is challenge and surprise you'll probably never get bored. It's like a relationship, it has to be a daily surprise, in constant evolution, or it gets obsolete.

i like to beat my gf everyday.
In this community,if you cheat,which is the ultimate crime to do in a game,you can buy a second cd key and everything is fine,but if you troll you get a permaban and be in danger for a second one,fair isn`t it?

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2011, 05:50:40 pm »
Of course i get tired of video games. Mostly they have to be really outstanding to make me play them through. But somehow I can't get tired of Warband.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 10:04:31 pm »
I play most of the games I own by batches : one month or so after having bought them, then I switch to something else, then I might eventually play the first one again.

cRPG is the first game/mod that really got me hooked I don't really play anything else seriously.

Exactly this :

But somehow I can't get tired of Warband.

Offline Fluffy_Muffin

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 429
  • Infamy: 122
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Tribunal
  • Game nicks: Vivec_the_Poet
  • IRC nick: Umbra
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 10:31:42 pm »
I stopped playing everything else when i started playing crpg, its awesome and im not tired of it at all, cant wait for strat
Defy me, and you will know what it is to stand against a god.

Offline LordBerenger

• King
  • Renown: 1492
  • Infamy: 859
  • cRPG Player
  • Jesus is the savior of Earth
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 10:55:57 pm »
As a matter of fact i do. WoW for example got boring for me though i made several returns to it. Not lately though.

And now it have happened for me at cRPG as well. I've tried all builds there is and pretty much every roleplaying gear/setup there is. And strategus for ME is widely overrated. Can't understand some of the community jizzing their pants over it. I suppose it's just not my cup of tea.

But tired of games as playing no games at all for a certain period of time? Yeah it have happened sometimes before. Managed to stay away from games for approx a month or so. And then i got back.

Mostly it is because games that comes out nowadays are so predictable and unoriginal it's just sad.
And the few ones that aren't are being jizzed over by the hardcore nerdy gamers such as Portal 2.

Luckily this fall/winter there's coming a shit ton of games which looks quite promising. Hope there's atleast 1 diamond among them all. =)

Offline polkafranzi

• Marshall
  • Renown: 814
  • Infamy: 276
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • pronouns: Nick/her
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fun clan - Burg Krems, join with main or alt!
  • Game nicks: Adelheid, Wulfing, Hildebrand, Vulferam, Sepp, Pippa (r.i.p), Minjy
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2011, 01:10:39 am »
As a matter of fact i do. WoW for example got boring for me though i made several returns to it. Not lately though.

And now it have happened for me at cRPG as well. I've tried all builds there is and pretty much every roleplaying gear/setup there is. And strategus for ME is widely overrated. Can't understand some of the community jizzing their pants over it. I suppose it's just not my cup of tea.

But tired of games as playing no games at all for a certain period of time? Yeah it have happened sometimes before. Managed to stay away from games for approx a month or so. And then i got back.

Mostly it is because games that comes out nowadays are so predictable and unoriginal it's just sad.
And the few ones that aren't are being jizzed over by the hardcore nerdy gamers such as Portal 2.

Luckily this fall/winter there's coming a shit ton of games which looks quite promising. Hope there's atleast 1 diamond among them all. =)

Zzzzz you've said this to me 100 times and still you play cRPG every nite derp

2024: selling my thirty odd +3 items for rl money, don't think i need them anymore tbh. pm me