Author Topic: Polearm build?  (Read 2245 times)

Offline Rage_Guy

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 123
  • cRPG Player
  • L to the ATVIA, bitch.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Latvian Potato Empire
Polearm build?
« on: June 10, 2011, 05:10:43 pm »
Hey guys,I'm level 30 1hander,but when I picked up a pike I really liked it and I think I'll be polearm build,anybody can reccomend a good build?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Mustikki

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 28
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
Re: Polearm build?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 06:39:48 pm »
here you go, on possible build with with you can easily backpedal out of danger and fast as lightning get close enough to stab with the pike

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 12
Agility: 27
Skills to attributes: 8
Ironflesh: 1
Power Strike: 4
Athletics: 9
Weapon Master: 9
Polearm: 181

edit: oops  with that you can't use pike but long spear. Here is a build for the pike:

Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

Strength: 15
Agility: 24
Skills to attributes: 8
Ironflesh: 2
Power Strike: 5
Athletics: 8
Weapon Master: 8
Polearm: 173
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 06:41:41 pm by Mustikki »

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 06:44:31 pm »
Hey guys,I'm level 30 1hander,but when I picked up a pike I really liked it and I think I'll be polearm build,anybody can reccomend a good build?
A good build for piking? Let's see if you want to use the pike then maybe a strength build?
(click to show/hide)

This means you can 1hit everything and with the 300 range and teamates drawing attention away from you, you will have loads of opportunities to  1hit-pike tincans/ninjas/horsemen. Not that good in duel but pikes can't duel anyway, unlike the long spear.

If you want to use the long spear or have a more quick pikeman than you can go for this.
(click to show/hide)

Notice the 54 health instead of 80. This will make you a REALLY fast pikeman. If you go cloth armour and pike/longspear only you can run from fight to fight, stab an enemy either killing them or stunning them so your teammate can kill them (if they don't, which is what happens 75% of the time, then they suck at taking opportunities and should rethink their tactics) and then you can run away and do the same in another group fighting. If someone runs up to you and tries to spam you (the most used tactics against pikemen) you can just block and stab and teach them what a fast pikeman can do. This is what I do when I'm on foot with my 18/18 horseman and use a pike.

Just watch out, the pike can't stab people that are less than about 75 from you. Just so you know.

Personally I would take the agi build. Your greatest threat are people who rush you and spam. What you can do then is basicly just block/dodge while waiting for a teammate to rescue you (don't count on it) but with 24 agi you will be able to fight back (not with the pike tough, because of the minimum range)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 06:46:36 pm by Zapper »
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 07:05:40 pm »
For Polearms, I suggest a 18/18 "Full six" build. You can even be cav lol.

But if you don't want to fight mounted, go for what you'd like, a bit more PS/IF, or WM/ATH, it's your choice.

21/18 or 18/21 then, skills are obvious.

(Or you can go a bit.. extreme, like what Zapper said. Just find the right playstyle, and the best build for that.)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 07:08:10 pm by Christo »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 07:26:05 pm »
Well Christo is right. The best Polearm build would be a balanced one. Or a 21/18 18/21 if your not using a horse. But he was asking for a  pikebuild and those are WAY different than normal polearms. The best for a pikeman is to have one of the extremes.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Rage_Guy

• Earl
  • Renown: 384
  • Infamy: 123
  • cRPG Player
  • L to the ATVIA, bitch.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Latvian Potato Empire
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 10:12:21 am »
Ok,thanks for advice.