Poll

What would you rather lose?

levels
18 (46.2%)
looms
21 (53.8%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: May 08, 2018, 07:27:25 am

Author Topic: What would you rather lose...  (Read 2010 times)

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • Renown: 420
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Gallonigher
Re: What would you rather lose...
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2018, 10:22:27 pm »
+4
I would gladly give up every unused loompoint(14) and every mw item(49) I have to keep a level 35 char and to let every player new and old have a level 35 char.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 1695
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 12:12:59 am »
Unless Variag suddenly appears again then yes, this is absolutely true. cRPG has been wiped 4 times. The proportion of bundle of sticks admins and devs enamoured of the results of their "hard work" (lol) completely explains why cRPG is the way it is right now, why the simple and effective cyclical wipe has been bypassed again and again for irrational tinkering with balance and items as if it could somehow deal with the underlying problem. Result, cRPG is dead and gay, good job.

cRPG was wiped in pre-alpha, when server was so unstable it could barely stay online for couple hours. If you want to wipe beta then you have to provide final version, we all know games get wiped at the end of open beta which is state cRPG has been for past seven years and a bit extra.

Don't hate on wealthy cRPG players, as chadz once said one of the more interesting in cRPG was market manipulation. I was able to do that at one point, a bit like current bitcoin whales are manipulating its price. It was fun, so much fun. None of that matters anymore because mod is effectively dead for more than five years.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 491
  • Infamy: 1544
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 12:19:45 am »
You know what would be awesome? If one of you American players who is wealthy irl, sued developers over wipe. Just for the lulz. Because that should be possible in USA, you can sue anyone for any stupid reason basically as long you have the money to pay for expensive attorneys who will turn your idiotic reason into court case that has legs. I'm fairly sure cRPG developers have no money for attorneys which would create a precendent and give edge to other online gamers whenever they feel like to sue gamedev companies after items and experience wipes.

I honestly want this to happen in some online community, just to create inconvienience for video game publishers.

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
  • Renown: 845
  • Infamy: 81
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Calradian Confederacy
  • Game nicks: kadeth
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 01:01:22 am »
I think if player base got wiped of looms and levels the idea that we should get an LP for every gen we'd previously retired would be a good idea. That way people aren't losing everything they've already ground but getting a fresh start along with, hopefully, new players that have stayed away because of how unbalanced certain high level builds have made the mod.

Maybe let people keep their titles or some shit that has zero effect on gameplay, but the appeal of a wipe is a clean slate for everyone, and we don't really get that if all the old players are rewarded with LPs for just having played lots.

Anyway, just delete all these threads because it's never going to happen. Prof seems open to the idea, but iirc James and Uthyr are very opposed. You'd have to get those two on board for it to be a remote possibility, and you'd have more luck PMing them on Discord or something to try to convince them. I mean, these threads clearly aren't going anywhere, this is the 2 billionth wipe thread raising the exact same points lmao

I'm not saying you should give up on the pro-wipe crusade, but i'm giving up boys, you're on your own !!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 01:06:38 am by Kadeth »

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 01:30:43 am »
+3
someone better warn me before a wipe so I can retire and get my demigod title.

Offline Asheram

• King
  • Renown: 1107
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • stuck in a never ending time loop
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2018, 01:31:18 am »
Maybe let people keep their titles or some shit that has zero effect on gameplay, but the appeal of a wipe is a clean slate for everyone, and we don't really get that if all the old players are rewarded with LPs for just having played lots.

Anyway, just delete all these threads because it's never going to happen. Prof seems open to the idea, but iirc James and Uthyr are very opposed. You'd have to get those two on board for it to be a remote possibility, and you'd have more luck PMing them on Discord or something to try to convince them. I mean, these threads clearly aren't going anywhere, this is the 2 billionth wipe thread raising the exact same points lmao

I'm not saying you should give up on the pro-wipe crusade, but i'm giving up boys, you're on your own !!
I made this thread not as a pro wipe crusade but more of an opinion thread. Was just curious how many were like me and would rather lose all their looms than lose their high level chars. I am still 11mill xp away from level 32 on Warclok and it still feels like slogging through molasses to get too even with the current xp gain. Probably wont even get there considering how sporadic the server population is.
I highly doubt I would ever even get another char past or even to lvl 32 again if levels were wiped with how low population is, and how not so often it is even populated.

Maybe I should have opened this in general off topic.
Mortal Combat!ARYS "@Asheram you arent even what you stole from me bud"
PENDULUM
For everything that could have been At least we took the ride There's no relief in bitterness Might as well let it die

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2018, 01:41:37 am »
yea i know asherguy, just saying, we're going around in circles in every single one of these threads that have appeared in the last couple years, we should get the hint, nothing is going to change. we should go back to memes and trash talk, duel challenge threads etc, what this forum is good for

Offline Taser

• King
  • Renown: 1447
  • Infamy: 82
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook
    • View Profile
  • Faction: TKoV
  • Game nicks: Alfred_Taser_of_TKoV
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2018, 03:46:36 am »
+1
Idaf either way. If mod comes alive with a wipe then cool. If it dies then oof. I'd rather it be semi populated with 20 than with 0 because new people still didn't want to try.

I dont find it a grind to level or to get looms because I play as different chars for fun. If I want a polearm I got dat. Thrower I got dat. Archer I got dat. 2h I got dat. Etc. Complete with troll chars and random looms as well.

But I know some people will just say fuck it if they lose either or both. So it really depends on if you're ok with losing older peeps to get potential new ones.

Offline Tristan_of_Erzoth

• Game Admin
  • Renown: 1000
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player
  • I dont know
    • View Profile
    • steam id
  • Game nicks: Tristan_of_Erzoth, Sorcerer_Tholamin, Big_Dick_McCallister
  • IRC nick: wtf is an IRC
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2018, 03:52:18 am »
+1
Funny enough when they wiped cRPG the last time I stopped playing for almost a year before getting back in to it, almost completely forgot about the old wipes

http://steamcommunity.com/id/evilmagic/

Offline Kadeth

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2018, 04:47:19 am »
+1
Idaf either way. If mod comes alive with a wipe then cool. If it dies then oof. I'd rather it be semi populated with 20 than with 0 because new people still didn't want to try.

that's why you'd do a trial wipe, PAY ATTENTION TASER

Offline Jona

• Balancer
  • Renown: 1372
  • Infamy: 376
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop
  • OG Agi Whore
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hounds of Chulainn
  • Game nicks: Jona, Siegafried
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2018, 05:16:26 pm »
+1
someone better warn me before a wipe so I can retire and get my demigod title.

Hah, good luck achieving that title in 1,000,000,000 years.

#    Name                                            Level         Date
1     Demigod Fenris_kinngrimm         132.26   05/21/2014 10:14
2     Demigod Canary_Of_Chaos           93.12   10/14/2014 22:40
3     Demigod Nuuks_the_Grey_Slave   71.68   10/15/2014 13:04

"I'll have my lance aimed at Jona's knees and he'll jump up, run up my lance and kill me." -Dalfador

Offline gallonigher

• Game Admin (trial)
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2018, 07:13:36 pm »
+3
Hah, good luck achieving that title in 1,000,000,000 years.

oh rly?