Author Topic: Xbox controller won't work. Help plz.  (Read 732 times)

Offline SantostheLion

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Xbox controller won't work. Help plz.
« on: January 10, 2015, 06:10:12 am »
Hi, started using an xbox one controller instead of a 360 controller and it will not work anymore. For some reason the xbox driver update screwed everything up. I use xpadder for all my games but I can't seem to make it work on with Crpg. Have not been on in a while because of it. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Offline andreakarasho

• Knight
  • Renown: 46
  • Infamy: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • MEMENTO AVDERE SEMPER
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _ReaL_DeaL_ - Macrone_Legionarivs
Re: Xbox controller won't work. Help plz.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2015, 09:26:53 am »
Maybe its possible, but if you use a controller you lose a lot of buttons.
So you dont use controller for a better experience of gaming.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
  • Renown: 784
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 11:27:54 am »
I use x360ce (not for cRPG though) and it works wonders with my old PS2-like gamepad. It's much easier to configure than xpadder for me.

Try it. Maybe it will work for cRPG.

You have to download the 32bit libraries and the app and extract both in the folder where the game executable is (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband in my case), and then run the exe to set up the controls.

Offline SantostheLion

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 04:36:23 am »
Thank you Patoson, I will try it and hopefully it will work. BTW I have windows 8. I am not very computer savvy so issues like these are seem more complicated than they should be. I just think it's strange that when I set my controller to function as a mouse, it works with everything except for CRPG. I can use it on other mount & Blade mods but not this one. Either way I will get back with the results. Thanks!

Offline SantostheLion

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 06:13:20 am »
   Wow great program! thank you! Did not try it for Crpg though as I need to be able to map the arrow keys to my left joystick so i can use it as a block/attack direction option. I tried moving xpadder to the Crpg folder but it still didnt work. Tried running as administrator and still nothing. The x360ce works with M&B games but since there's no way of using the left stick as arrow keys I cannot keep the same playstyle. There is something within the Crpg mod that hinders the controller to mouse option.
   On another note,I did have trouble using xpadder on steam. It took some research to find that I had to open the xpadder program before launching any steam game and that fixes the issue.

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2015, 06:11:09 pm »
Try rebinding Forward, Back, Left and Right to W, S, A, D, instead of the arrow keys (like it is by default). Maybe those keys work? I mean, if you can't map the arrow keys to the gamepad, try other keys that will work (by changing them in the game).

Offline SantostheLion

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2015, 11:28:40 pm »
Patoson; Yes I tried that but it didn't work :(. Is there a way to map those keys to the 360ce mod?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 11:33:56 pm by SantostheLion »

Offline Patoson

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 02:39:57 pm »
I've just been looking at the program and reading forums and it seems x360ce can't do that, but XPadder can. Sorry for the confusion.